Collins French Dictionary
By MobiSystems, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Whether you're just starting out learning French or want to extend your knowledge of the language, the Collins French Dictionary is the ideal book to help you understand and communicate. The dictionary has over 80,000 references, contemporary vocabulary, cultural equivalents, and notes on dialect.
You'll find comprehensive and up-to-date coverage of words and phrases, along with French updated to the new spelling reform. There's in-depth treatment of difficult words, along with cultural notes that provide insight into the life in French-speaking countries, both in France and abroad.
• NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right into the intricacies of English faster and easier than ever!
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality Oxford language apps from MobiSystems.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words using a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface. The integrated search tools activate automatically the moment you start typing:
* Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
* Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
* An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary:
* ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
* ‘Recent’ list to help you easily review looked-up words
* ‘Word of the day’ section to help expand your vocabulary every day
* Fun and engaging word games like 'Hangman', 'Word scramble' and 'Anagrams' give the opportunity to use newly learned words
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 10.0.3
• iOS 11 support!
• Complete visual redesign
• New Home view for quick access to the most frequently used functions
• Now Swipe to delete entries from the Favorites and Recent menus
• Navigate the Word of the Day entries by swiping
• Recently viewed entries will appear at the top of the search field
• Bug fixes
Unnecessary actions needed
The dictionary is what it is, a sound medium-size bilingual dictionary.
However, the latest update has added to the number of gestures needed to dismiss the last search and begin the next search.
1. You look up a word.
2. You have to click to get back to the search pane.
3. You have to click on the search pane to bring up the ‘delete’ x.
4. You then have to click on x to clear the pane.
5. You then have to click on the empty search pane in order to bring back the key board and begin a new search.
Really, Mobisystems? It’s a bit of a Mobi-mess.
Totally changed for the worse
This was a great app, but the latest update now presents a page full of unnecessary information that I cannot remove. Please improve the settings options or offer a more professional product.
A gem of a resource on my phone. Endlessly fascinating aid to exploring and improving language skills.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 19 October 2017
- Version: 10.0.3
- Size: 116 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan
- Developer: MobiSystems, Inc.
- © 2017 MobiSystems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.