Collins-Robert Concise French Dictionary
By Ultralingua, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the world’s leading French-English dictionary, revised and updated to cover all the latest vocabulary in both languages. The perfect dictionary app for advanced learners of French – newly redesigned for iOS 7.
“Solid design...impressive.” — USA Today
“My favorite.” — New York Times
• 85,000 French-English translations
• 78,000 French and English phrases
• 10,000 fully conjugated English and French verbs
• Searches as you type – no waiting for results
• Understands misspellings and conjugated verbs
• Translate numbers to words (e.g., turn “230” into French)
• All the latest vocabulary from the internet, computing and business
• Updated slang, idioms, regional variations and usage examples
• Tap any word to find reverse translations and conjugations
• Save favorites and search history
• Control font and size for perfect readability
• Universal app works on both iPhone and iPad
The Collins Robert French dictionary uses Collins’ and Le Robert’s unique multi-million word databases of contemporary and French to ensure that the user has the most complete and accurate picture of real language available today. The dictionary is ideal for advanced learners and professionals using French.
• Revised to include all the latest vocabulary from a wide range of fields, including new additions from the fields of the Internet, the environment and economics
• New culture boxes explain the origins of phrases from literature, film and popular culture to aid translation and improve your understanding of French popular culture
• Acclaimed “Language in Use” supplement contains hundreds of examples of usage in real-life contexts such as essay writing, email and telephone conversations to help you use French fluently and naturally
Powered by Ultralingua. Download now and see why the New York Times called Ultralingua the dictionary app “for serious language students and professionals.”
We support our app! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or comments.
What's New in Version 2.4.2
• Repaired a bug that caused the app to crash after updating on some devices. • Sped up launch. • Eliminated network access. • Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements.
Easy to use, easy on the eye ( nicely laid out).
Not as comprehensive as I would have liked - I often need to refer to a paper dictionary when reading novels.
Slow to respond and poor vocabulary. Not worth the price.
So many French words missing from this dictionary. Would be useful perhaps for a tourist but not for a student studying the language. Definitely not worth the price tag!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 07 November 2013
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Developer: Ultralingua, Inc.
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.