Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 9th Edition
By Cole Zhu Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• The largest Spanish-English dictionary with over 315,000 references
• iCloud bookmark synchronisation across all devices (iOS 6.0 or later)
• Full audio for every word recorded by native speakers
• Conjugation for every verb
• No internet connection required
The world's leading large Spanish dictionary remains the perfect tool for all advanced learners of Spanish.
A demonstration video of our app is available here: 【http://en.colezhu.com/collins_spanish】
This ninth edition of the market-leading Collins Spanish Dictionary (Complete & Unabridged) uses Collins' unique multimillion-word databases of contemporary English and Spanish to offer the user the most complete and accurate picture of real language available today. The application has been built using Cole Zhu's own dictionary system, the most advanced on the app store.
• The largest Spanish dictionary on the market with over 142,000 headwords and 315,000 references
• Recorded native speaker audio pronunciation for every word.
• Requires no Internet connection to operate.
• Up-to-date - with thousands of the latest words from a wide range of areas.
• A wealth of searchable idioms and examples - all based on evidence from a multimillion-word corpus of real Spanish and English
• Jump directly to desired part of speech of words, unknown words or search for related examples
• Conjugation feature for all Spanish and English verbs
• Favourites and History features - allowing users to keep track of interesting words.
• Coverage of European and Latin American Spanish
• Intuitive and innovative interface, designed specifically for the iPhone OS platform.
What's New in Version 2.5.0
iOS 9 Support
Now audio can be played while the device is on mute.
Spanish unabridged dictionary
I have been using this dictionary for a while and it is a very good, useful dictionary, it has all the verbs in and it's conjugations. However, there are a lot of verbs absent and a lot of the, are rarely used.
It can be confusing to know which verb category is related to the different Spanish speaking and writing countries because they all have their own jargons, verbs, vocabularies etc.
I would like to see if it is possible to make amendments in the future; for example why not compose 4 different Spanish sub files which can be separated, so you would know which verb to look for in Spain, Mexico, Central South America and South America. To avoid confusion because they all have their own verb infinitives. It would help to find it quicker and easier rather than all on one list in alphabetical order and to know which verb it is related to. I am giving it a four star rating. 👍🏻👌🏻 😊 I love this dictionary.
Incredible but please change icon back
Such an incredible app! New icon is horrible though. The app gives the user so many examples of how to use a certain word. Incredibly fast and does not require the internet unlike most dictionary apps.
I've been using this app for years and find it really useful, but please could we have more explanations about verbs that are given as synonyms of others. Often that's not 100% true (e.g. enfadarse/enojarse/incomodarse) and the explanations given don't show how a native Spanish speaker would use them.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 24 November 2015
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 428 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Cole Zhu Inc.
- © 2015 Cole Zhu Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.