Colloquy for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch puts the power of the most popular IRC client for the Mac in the palm of your hand. Built atop the Chat Core framework, Colloquy Mobile is a full featured client optimized for the on-the-go experience with iOS multitasking support.
• Support for retina devices, including iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Pro.
• Support for iOS multitasking with local notifications and split-screen support.
• Push notifications when using a compatible push bouncer.
• Convenient nickname and emoticon completion popups.
• Support for all the common IRC commands with completion.
• Organized Colloquies view that shows all your conversations and rooms at a glance.
• Highlights messages (and optionally vibrates) when your specific words or nickname is mentioned.
• Highly customizable interface and behavior settings within the Settings application.
• Visual display of user information (WHOIS) for any user.
• Full support for landscape mode in the entire application.
• Stays connected while iPhone is locked and when SMS alerts appear.
• Searchable room member list.
• Support for SASL authentication (required when connecting to Freenode over the cell network.)
• A console for every connection.
• Support for ignoring annoying users.
• Multiple message styles to choose from.
• Fully compatible with mIRC colors and formatting.
• Large selection of graphical emoticons.
• Allows you to join multiple chat rooms across many different servers.
• Automatic identification with network services (NickServ).
• Notification of common server errors as easy to understand alerts.
• Automatically join rooms and send commands upon connect.
• Solid support for secure connections over SSL and TLS.
• Full support for room and connection text encodings.
• Full IRCv3 compatibility, including the IRCv3.2 standard.
• Open minded and Open Source, like it should be.
We can't provide support here to people leaving reviews, as much as we want to. We also can't discuss feature requests, since there is no way to reply to you here. If you have a problem or suggestion, please visit us in #colloquy-mobile on irc.freenode.net, click the support link below, or email us at email@example.com.
- Improve reliability when registering for push notifications
- Small performance improvements when connecting to bouncers
- Fix issue where chat previews could disappear
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says on the tin. Excellent.
Very reliable app, nicely presented. Had it for over six months now and it has never ever crashed on me. Tested on iPad 2 / iOS 4.x or on iPad 3 / iOS 5.1.
Even works over ipv6!
One minor problem, which is probably my fault, concerning my incorrect config or settings, is that I keep getting some annoying prompt at the start. It is wanting me to enter something, don't understand what, maybe a username of some sort possibly. I have no idea what this is about nor how to get rid of it and there is no help.
Second more serious problem is that the /help command brings up a modal dialog box that says something like updating help and then just sits there forever doing nothing until I cancel the thing. luckily I can get out of it at least, but no help is available at all.
Despite the earlier annoyance and this bug, I can't bring myself to take a star off, for some reason, so still five stars. But I need these problems to be fixed.
Crashes constantly, freezes constantly. Useless, going to irc cloud instead
Since the latest update if I have a friend listed who I have previously chatted to, even if they are online their name is greyed out. I have to rely on searching the room to find them, then deleting them from my colloquy list and sending a fresh query. Particularly annoying if they aren't in a room since I have no way to know if they are online or not! Please fix this useful feature.
And also... If I send a direct message to someone, even if they are online, I get a 'user is not connected' message. The only way I can send a direct message is to tap someone's name in the room members list. Not much good unless I know which room they are in!
And more problems... Checking info on any user doesn't tell you which room they are in and doesn't give an accurate 'idle' time. And if they log off they appear still online in the room list and in the app's private chat list.
Are you working on these bugs??
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.