By Yellow Cedar Software, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Color Thief transfers colors from one photo to the next.
- Apply the tone of old photos to new photos and vice versa.
- Use your own photos as color filters.
- Playful and quick, it's easy to discover new color combinations.
- Harmonize a group of photos to have the same palette. Great for collage.
- Results are saved at original resolution.
- Share with Twitter, Facebook*, E-Mail, Instagram, Printing, and more.
4.5 / 5 "Color Thief is an app with a singular purpose and it does that task very, very well. ... Highly recommended!" - Life in LoFi iPhoneography
5 / 5 "the results are truly astounding and appear with unusual speed." - iCommePhoto
"This little mobile photography gem is a one-trick pony, but the trick is an extremely clever one." - Ars Technica
"(Color Thief) is the Robin Hood of the photo world. It takes great colors from one photo and gives those colors to other photos in need." - iOSAffairs
"One of the best color manipulating apps I have ever used, hands down! It is amazing!" - REGI on iPhoneArt
* Color Thief requires access to your photo library. To grant access to your photo library Location Services must be turned on.
*Color Thief supports iOS 5 and iOS 6. iOS 6 is required for Facebook integration support.
What's New in Version 1.2
A reminder, you can use any web image as a source of colors. In Safari, touch and hold on an image to save it to your camera roll. The image will be available when you return to Color Thief.
Color Thief Desktop is now available. RAW files, animated GIFS, 16-bit TIFFs, transparency, and batch conversions are handled with ease. Available on the Mac App Store.
The PhotoAppLink service (previously accessed under forward->Send to App…) is being shut down and so is removed in this version.
Minor bug fixes.
Solid color replacement app.
Does what it sets out to do perfectly but would be even better without having to have location services on to use it all of the time.
Works well, full size on my 5s. Works fine under iOS 8 for me.
Was brilliant & very useful but...
not with iOS8 - crashes on zoom & doesn't save, so now useless :(
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 21 July 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Yellow Cedar Software, Inc.
- © Yellow Cedar Software, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.