Comic Zeal Comic Reader
By Bitolithic Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you want the most features? the best reading experience? Comic Zeal 8 has them both. It was the first comic reader in the App Store and after six years of constant development it’s still the best.
• Organize your collection how YOU want. Put series inside series, use dividers to manage long lists.
• Automatically sorts your comics into series.
• Page zoom AND position lock so you avoid seeing the same borders page after page.
• Automatically opens the next comic when reading.
• Smart with device rotation, many comics have a mixture of portrait and landscape pages.
• Search by comic title and tags.
• Parental lock for individual series.
• WI-Fi using a web browser on a PC or Mac.
• Drop Box, iCloud Drive, etc using iOS 8 document sharing.
• AirDrop from a Mac running Yosemite.
• iTunes via USB or Wi-FI
Comic Zeal uses the innovative slider, it's a pointer, a container and a toolbox, all in one. You can push stuff into it, then go anywhere in your collection and drag it out. It's an incredibly fast way to organize your comics.
With the slider you can:
• Reorder comics, put them into the slider in the order you want them, then drag them out.
• Create reading lists (by making copies of comics that don't take up any space on your device)
• Create series and dividers right in the app. Dividers are lists that can hold comics, series and even other dividers.
• Tap the ‘i’ info icon for comics, series and dividers. You can rename entries, sort a series or mark items as read or unread.
• When zooming, hold the gesture for half a second. Comic Zeal will lock that zoom and position when you turn the page, it's a great way to hide borders.
Comics used in the screenshots:
'Escape from Planet Nowhere', © 2010 Otis Frampton, http://planet-nowhere.com/
What's New in Version 8.0.7
Hi all, as always, as soon as the app goes out to you all, you find bugs that the beta testers and I missed!
Here is what's fixed in this update:
- Fixed issue where some of the files in the 'iCloud Drive and other apps’ screen were greyed out.
- Fixed issue where text couldn’t be selected during editing.
- For series and dividers in grid view the name is now shown instead of info about their contents.
- Fixed ‘it’s’ in the tutorial, now says ‘Tap on the slider to see its options’.
Please note, the Box app does not allow other apps to access its document sharing extension unless you have an enterprise level account with them.
It's good but after the update I can no longer import into a series I have to import to home page then use the slider to move them which takes ages because I have a lot of comics
Please sort this thanks
And now after update it just crashes on home screen
cant handle alot of comics
been using comic zeal for about 2 years now and loved it. but since the big latest update it is slow loading. from starting up to selecting a comic, and sliding comics into the side bar to organise. i think it is due to the amount of comics i have because i reinstalled it and as i was loading my collection in parts, it started off quick but by the end (with over 500 comics) it went all slow and freezing. hope to have an update to solve this because i never had problems with the amount of comics before.
Does the job nicely.
Been using this for a while, and makes for nice hassle less comic viewing on iPad especially.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 11 December 2014
- Version: 8.0.7
- Size: 23.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Bitolithic Pty Ltd
- © 2014 Bitolithic Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.