Contre Jour HD
By Chillingo Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple has named Contre Jour HD iPad Game of the Year in more than 10 countries across Europe and Asia in App Store Rewind 2011. Thanks to Apple and all of our wonderful fans for supporting this special game.
Best Mobile Game of E3 ‹ GamePro
Best Mobile Game of E3 Finalist ‹ IGN
Best Mobile/Handheld Game of E3 Nominee ‹ Game Critics Awards
Blurring the lines between games and interactive art, Contre Jour welcomes you to a hauntingly beautiful world shaped by the interplay of light and darkness.
Use your finger to morph the landscape, propelling the mysterious creature Petit to safety. Pull, swipe, and tap gadgets such as tendrils, air geysers, and pulleys to complete clever puzzles. Set to a poignant orchestrated soundtrack from composer David Ari Leon, Contre Jour both delights and bedevils from start to finish.
"Contre Jour…seems like the complete package. It has challenging physics-based puzzles, a unique gameplay hook, beautiful graphics, and an eerie soundtrack. Keep a gigantic, rolling eyeball out for this game…” — Slide To Play
“I'm totally loving the look and feel of this one.” — TouchArcade
“It's a seriously gorgeous and addictive game, and I can't wait for it to come out.” — IGN
“The star of [E3] was Contre Jour, a darkly-weird platformer where you manipulate the ground around you.” — GamePro
Contre Jour Highlights
• Five chapters featuring 100 unique levels, as well as 300 collectable lights, will have you playing for hours and hours.
• Use extremely intuitive controls to change the environment around you.
• Twelve different interactive elements to master; portals, slingshots, tentacles, blowers and more.
• Stunning visual style places Contre Jour in a league of it’s own – simply one of the most beautiful games of the year.
• Rich, organic and original soundtrack by David Ari Leon perfectly matches Petit’s journey. Get some headphones and lose yourself in the world of Contre Jour.
• Unlock a variety of achievements as you play, can you find them all?
For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com
What's New in Version 1.31
The award-winning Contre Jour has finally been updated with iOS7 compatibility!
This game meant so much to me...
I first played this game to completion whilst in hospital having a tumour removed from my spine. The haunting art direction and music stuck with me. As others have said the game has been utterly ruined with awful, intrusive adverts. What's worse is that I very much doubt this was the decision of the game's designers. It's akin to putting a Macdonald's logo on the Mona Lisa.
*****Edit: I can confirm the ads seem to have been removed. The game is restored to its full glory!*****
It was once Beautiful...
But now completely trashed by the fact that they have decided to put stupid bubbles with adverts that don't disappear until you click on them!!! I paid for this app! And now I've updated it and cannot revert back. Remove the adverts. This is a 5 star game in every way... And you've ruined it. I pay to remove adds not to add them.
For everyone writing negative reviews turn off cellular data then no ads u shunt need data on wen you buy a game
- Category: Games
- Updated: 20 November 2013
- Version: 1.31
- Size: 37.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Developer: Chillingo Ltd
- © Mokus
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Unlock - Chapter 5£0.79
- Early Unlock - Chapter 4£0.79
- Early Unlock - Chapter 3£0.79
- Early Unlock - Chapter 2£0.79