Control (OSC + MIDI)
By One More Muse
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Control enables users to create their own interfaces for controlling musical, artistic and virtual reality applications. It is built on top of Apple's WebKit rendering engine and allows users to define their interfaces via JSON files.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The 1.4 release has a bug where the interface list will be blank the first time the app starts. Force quit the app and start it again and the interfaces will appear. I will submit a bug fix shortly.
- Outputs both Wireless MIDI and Open Sound Control (OSC)
- Bi-directional communication: use Control to set values on your computer, use your computer to set values in Control
- Dynamically add and manipulate widgets via OSC messages
- Reads and outputs data from Accelerometer, Gyro and Compass sensors (on applicable devices) with adjustable update rates
- Auto-discovery of wireless networks via Bonjour
- Interfaces can be pushed to the phone via OSC or downloaded from the web
- Supports both portrait and landscape interface orientations
- Interfaces work on both iPhones and iPads
NOTE: If you've never used wireless MIDI or OSC before, Control (and all other wireless MIDI / OSC apps) will have a little bit of a learning curve to get started. Please visit the Control support website!
What's New in Version 1.4
- Camera Connection Kit support for wired MIDI
- MIDI Sysex transmission
- Can now transmit pitch and volume information taken from microphone
- Interface list scrolls in iOS 5
Free and infinitely flexible
*tips hat to developer(s)*
- Category: Music
- Updated: 06 October 2011
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Charles Roberts
- © 2010 One More Muse
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.