Corel Painter Lite
By Corel Corporation
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the original natural-media app, Corel® Painter™ Lite, that will provide aspiring artists with the most realistic digital art experience. Make a seamless transition from canvas to computer as you feel how a digital art pen behaves just like traditional art media. Come experience the intuitive brushes, rich paper textures, layer support and other artistic tools. High-quality painting and sketching tools are now within reach. Painter Lite brings you the best of both worlds: award-winning digital art software at a getting started price.
• Award-winning digital art software priced for aspiring pros and hobbyists
• The most realistic natural-media painting and sketching experience
• Wide range of brush categories including special effects, blenders, crayons and chalks
• Intuitive digital art pen behaves like traditional art tools (supplied by Wacom)
• Easy-to-use interface, navigation and features
Core brush categories
• Acrylic and Air Brushes
• Chalk, Pastels and Crayons
• Digital Watercolor
• Erasers, FX and Gouache
• Impasto, Markers
• Oil brushes
• Pencils, Pens and Sponges
• Sumi-E (Ink)
Trendy tools and effects
• Blenders and Palette Knives
• Kaleidoscope painting
• Mirror painting
Wacom pen tablet compatibility (supplied by Wacom)
• Pressure sensitive brush control - select brushes will fan out as pressure is applied
• Select media will tilt and behave accordingly
• Brush rotation for 6D pen users
Complements other popular software and hardware
• Wacom® pen tablet compatibility
• Extensive file support, including PSD
Nice, but not perfect.
As you would expect, limited when compared to the full application but much of the character is retained. Dropped a star for zooming, not scrolling, when two fingers are used on the trackpad, which is really, really irritating.
Get used to the fans quickly spooling up when using Painter Lite.