Open a Countingup business current account in minutes and get your accounting and banking in one place. It’s the simple way to run your business.
Running a business has never been easier. Countingup gives you more time to focus on what matters - making your customers happy and growing your business. A Countingup account will save you time, money and stress.
Our mission is to be the financial platform for 1m small businesses. Thousands of businesses in the UK already bank with us. From drivers to software engineers; builders to teachers.
Current benefits and features include:
• Free - It costs nothing to get started.
• Fast - Takes 5 minutes to open an account. Get your own sort code and account number.
• Saves time - Bookkeeping is automated.
• Hassle free - Banking and accounting in one place.
• Look professional - Send beautiful invoices to your customers.
• Effortless expenses - Attach photos of receipts to transactions.
• Spend - Pay suppliers & use your contactless business Mastercard.
• Export - Download transactions in CSV or PDF formats.
• Accounting - Invoicing and Profit & Loss reports.
• Banking - Faster payments, BACs, direct debits as standard.
• Amazing customer support!
• Self-employed businesses (e.g. sole traders and landlords).
• Limited companies with 1 or 2 directors.
• Making Tax Digital VAT returns.
• Multi-user access.
How to register:
You will need a UK mobile number, a working email address and some photographic ID (a passport or driving licence). Then simply follow the onscreen instructions.
Time lost to spreadsheets emailed back and forth, manual book-keeping and a high street bank that takes months to open an account; money lost to both accounting software and banking fees; trust lost to poor high street banking service. Stress.
Countingup - Your business banking and accounting in one place.
Invoicing and banking in one app is here! Creating, sending and managing invoices when they’re paid just got quicker and easier. Tap on the new “Accounting” tab to open your “Accounting dashboard”. Tap on “Sales invoices” to start creating invoices.
- Create sales invoices. Create a new invoice for a customer and add invoice items to set the quantity, unit price and VAT rate for the work you have done. You can drag and drop invoice items to re-order them.
- Draft sales invoices. View a list of all draft sales invoices. Left swipe to delete a draft from the list or tap on one to edit or approve.
- Unpaid sales invoices. View a list of all unpaid sales invoices.
- Late sales invoices. At a glance see invoices that customers are overdue to pay. This makes it easier for you to identify the invoices that need to be chased.
- Paid sales invoices. View a list of all paid sales invoices.
- PDF invoices. When you’ve approved an invoice you can view it as a PDF.
- Email invoices. When you’ve approved an invoice you can email the invoice to your customer with the PDF version attached.
- Auto-match payments. When a payment is received into your Countingup account for an unpaid invoice we auto-match the two together. This updates the invoice as paid. On your “Banking” screen, transactions that are matched to an invoice are highlighted.
- Manually match payments. If needed you can manually match a payment to an invoice.
- Renamed menu options. We’ve renamed the “Account” menu to “Banking” and “Profit” to “Accounting”. Now your accounting and banking truly are in one app.
- Accounting dashboard. The new menu option “Accounting” takes you to our new “Accounting dashboard”. Here you have access to your “Profit & loss report”, “Sales invoices” and “Contacts”.
- Contacts. All your customers and suppliers are listed in a new “Contacts” screen. You can add or update contacts.
Ratings and Reviews
Opened account in minutes and my card arrived within a few days! So much easier then your high street bank rubbish!
Awful Customer service
I’ve been waiting now over 3-4 weeks for a business account to be opened, I have provided endless identification and yet still nothing, I have written email after email and I get 1 reply back either a day or every other day, there’s no telephone number for me to speak to someone.
Is this a business I want to trust with my companies money??
Fantastic! Banking and accounting in one place!
Countingup has really changed the way that I run my small business! Would definitely recommend! ++
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.