Cove - Create music, capture your mood
By Humane Engineering
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
• iTunes Best New App in 100 countries •
Create Music. Capture your mood. Express how you feel.
“The loops you make and save really can be an emotional outlet.”
“Cove is a journaling app that upends what you’d expect from a journaling app.”
“It’s a brilliant idea that removes the awkwardness and struggles that can come with trying to put difficult emotions into words.”
– It’s Nice That
“For people who struggle with anxiety or just find it hard to even determine their own moods, melodies can prove a useful tool of expression.”
– The Next Web
It can be hard to explain how you feel sometimes. Perhaps you don't think people will understand, or you can't find the right words. It’s common to experience a mix of emotions which are hard to describe.
COVE IS A MUSICAL JOURNAL YOU CREATE YOURSELF
You can use it to capture your mood or express how you really feel.
– Create beautiful music loops with different instruments and sounds. Pick from 6 unique moods, 20 different instruments and 4 filter effects.
– With simple controls there’s no way to do it wrong! Just tap, swipe and pinch.
– Store your Cove in a private journal. Write some personal thoughts about your music, or add some tags.
– Share with someone once you’ve saved your Cove. Explain how you feel with music. Can they guess your mood?
WHY DOES COVE WORK?
We can often experience multiple emotions at once, feeling something that is hard to explain. By creating music, it's possible to explore many types of emotions: joy, sadness, calm, anger. With Cove, it's simple to create something that captures complex moods. By sending your music to someone, they can get a sense of how you're feeling that day… good or bad!
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
If you have a question or idea, or maybe something doesn’t work right, you can contact us directly in the app: tap the Information icon, then tap Feedback.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We made Cove because we want everyone to be able to express how they feel. We also really love all the various ways people are using Cove. If you’ve enjoyed it too, please leave a nice review! Thanks!
What's New in Version 1.1
SAY HELLO TO OUR FIRST UPDATE!
Firstly, thank you for using Cove. We’re really happy to hear about the music you’re creating, and how you are using Cove in your life. You’re awesome and you really inspire us!
We’ve been listening to your feedback, so we have some improvements and fixes for you.
– You can now enable Cove to play in the background!
Enable this in the Settings menu. One thing: Cove is a genuine music generator so it will use a bit more battery than other popular music apps. If you want to listen for a really long time, keep an eye on your battery.
– Expanded the character limit on journal entries!
Previously text entries were a little too short, we've expanded it a bit, but kept a cap on it for practical reasons.
– Fixed an issue with the music looping, so everything sounds much better now. For the best experience we strongly advise you keep your device up to date with the very latest version of iOS.
– Fixed an issue where Cove was draining your battery when you left the app.
– Fixed an issue when taps – like placing or removing stones – weren’t being recognised properly on certain iPhone models.
– Updated the icon and some graphics.
– Updated the tutorial, now you can quit anytime you want. Just tap the X.
You’re helping shape Cove to be an important, enjoyable experience. Got feedback? Send it to email@example.com or tap Feedback in the app.
Create music. Capture your mood. Express how you feel.
This was recommended on snapchat but gosh, so boring!!