With the most significant expansion of domestic teams in its history, Cricket Captain returns for 2017 with 130 playable domestic teams across 8 countries. It’s time for cricket fans to put their tactical expertise to the test in the number one cricket management game.
Developed in association with Jimmy Anderson, Cricket Captain 2017 features new twenty-over leagues in West Indies, South Africa, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. This year’s edition also includes full West Indies and Pakistan domestic leagues.
Cricket Captain is unrivalled in cricket management simulation, and Cricket Captain 2017 improves the series once again with more statistics (including ground records and international versus records), updated interface, refined match engine, improved player generation and all the attention to detail that is the trademark of the series.
Key features for 2017 include:
• 3 new domestic systems, all major global 20 over leagues: Play in 20 over leagues from; India, England, Australia, West Indies, Pakistan, South Africa, Bangladesh, and New Zealand.
• Ground Records: Individual, Team, and Partnership Records for over 130 grounds for First Class, One Day and 20 over.
• International Versus Records: Individual, Team, and Partnership Records for all 10 Test playing nations in Test Match, ODI and International 20 Over.
• New Grounds: Four new modelled grounds: Cardiff, Taunton, Bristol and Hobart. Updated ground models for existing grounds.
• Historical Scenarios: England vs South Africa 2003, 1998 and England vs West Indies 1995, 1984 and 1957.
• New database: With improved player ability and player type accuracy.
• Pakistan Domestic: Play as one of 16 domestic teams and 6 franchise 20-over sides in the debut for Pakistan domestic in Cricket Captain.
• West Indies Domestic: 12 playable teams over domestic and franchise systems.
• Bangladesh 20 Over: 8 playable 20 over teams.
• South African 20 Over: New 20 over league in South Africa.
• Updated English Domestic season: With 8 teams in Division 1 and Durham’s points deductions across all competitions.
• Updated interface: With an updated look for 2017.
• Updated Tournament Modes: including the 2017 Champions Trophy.
• New Achievements.
Updated squads and fixtures for the Aus 20 over league.
Fixed crashes with scenarios
Dropbox news: We're currently waiting on app approval from Dropbox. It still works for those who have already linked their Dropbox accounts.
Ratings and Reviews
Please read this, will benefit everyone
The 50 and 20 over games are impossible to win, and if you bowl first the computer scores 300 in 50 overs and you are bowled out for 150 even though you’ve done nothing wrong, the computer is 200 odd for 5 with 10 over left and then they get to 300 you can only win test matches occasionally Please fix this it has potential to be a good game
Until you can actually win a limited overs game I probably won't use this game much, even though I really want to
In a test match you might as well be watching test highlights because whatever you do it won’t change the outcome of the match
In first class games, you can get perfect weather, perfect pitch, outfield etc. Everything perfect, you bat first and are 130-1, then lose wickets in massive clump and crawl to 200. Then the opposition cruises to 500-2 and where did I go wrong?
Would honestly give zero stars if I could, I have no idea why I’m still playing this game.
Waste of time
Do not buy this game! It is possibly the most ridiculous, unrealistic and frustrating game I’ve ever played. In limited overs especially, you almost never win on the normal difficulty mode, whereas the easy is so easy that you cannot lose. A difficulty between them is required. You will want to smash something when the opposition 10 and 11 smash 30 off 3 overs to win the game, especially when this happens multiple times in a row, which it has for me. Test matches are marginally better, but still, sometimes it is so unrealistic you want to break something. Major changes must be made.
Hugely Addictive and fun!🤙(Lacks iPhone X comparability)
I would say that the graphics are very poor, but that doesn’t matter as the gameplay is excellent the only slight draw back is that I use IPhone X and it is not supported by it yet and if it could be updated soon.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.