In Crimson: Steam Pirates, plumes of black smoke fill the blue Caribbean sky as Thomas Blood’s pirate fleet steams ahead—over, above, and below the waves. On the surface, ships bristle with swivel cannons and lightning guns. Above, zeppelins drip with incendiary bombs. And below, silent and deadly, submarines stalk their targets, torpedoes at the ready.
Command your fleet and your Steampunk crew using an elegant action interface. Crimson: Steam Pirate’s turn-based gameplay provides an addicting mixture of strategy and action as you anticipate your enemies’ moves and counter them, luring them into a deadly hail of weapons fire while uncovering the mystery brewing in the Caribbean.
Crimson: Steam Pirates features:
• 8 free-to-play voyages begin the tale of Thomas Blood’s adventures in the Caribbean
• Chapters 2 & 3 feature a total of 16 additional voyages that complete the tale, available as in-app purchases
• 2 “Pass-and-Play” multiplayer scenarios
• Over a dozen types of ships, subs, and airships
• Over 20 unique crew members whose special abilities enhance gameplay
Presented by Bungie Aerospace and conceived by the mind of Harebrained Schemes' Jordan Weisman, creator of the MechWarrior, Crimson Skies, and Shadowrun universes.
Resolved minor issues with in-game text.
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, but....
The chapters are too expensive. The first chapter you get for free and it gave me aout 2 hours worth of play before completing. There are 2 more chapters available for 1.49 gbp each but for just 8 different levels I find this a bit expensive.
As someone else mentioned, if they were 69p each then I would buy them both with no hesitation but I think they have outpriced the next chapters for most people. This game as a demo is great though and is well worth downloading to play chapter 1 for free.
Stunning game with great gameplay, I agree that the extra levels are somewhat on the pricy side for an App, considering a lot of multi-level Apps with hours of gameplay are only about 70p in the store, paying double that for what is essentially just a little over an hours gameplay (if that) is the only thing putting me off purchasing them in game... Although if I get some gift cards I will no doubt spend some of the money on the 2new chapters :D
There's lots of potential in this game but it falls short in its lack of complexities. When am gonna get to use the resources I've won or choose my own crew from the pirate lair. I've done a few missions and so far the biggest decisions like choosing weapons and crew for my ships have all been made for me.
But the combat is good and I'm sure it could be great if the developers just go deeper.
- Bungie Aerospace Corporation
- 180.5 MB
- Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011 Bungie Aerospace Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Tales of Captain Blood Chapter 2 £2.99
- Tales of Captain Blood: Chapter 3 £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.