Crow is the critically acclaimed, story-driven action-adventure for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. Combining unique exploration, combat, and game mechanics, Crow takes the player on an exciting journey to faraway lands where an ancient battle is unfolding.
Your choices will forever alter the course of this world. Will you Curse your foes or Spare them and risk the consequences?
Created using Sunside's in-house game platform Radiance, Crow delivers stunning visuals and immersion in a fully 3D world.
*Featured Benchmark Game for Stunning Graphics!
*iPad Game of the Week in over 6 countries!
*Includes high-resolution support for the new iPad!
* Immersive story line
* Meaningful player choice
* Stunning 3D graphics
* Visceral combat
* Sweeping musical score
* Support for the new iPad Retina Display
What reviewers have said:
* Kotaku - Gaming App of the Day - "Crow could be the greatest iPhone game I’ve ever played."
* PC Magazine - The 25 Best iPhone Games - "Crow is a game that beckons you to take a flight through the dark side in an adventure that lets you choose your own path."
* 148Apps - Editor's Choice Award - "Unique is the word for this game."
* TheAppShack - 5/5 - "The gameplay is solid, the atmosphere, graphics, music, and story all blend together perfectly."
* TapByte - 10/10 - "Sunside Games has managed to create a masterpiece of a game."
* AppAdvice - 5/5 - "Crow is one of the best games I have ever played."
* App-score.com - 9/10 - "Crow is one of the most visually stunning games I have seen on iOS. The graphics, music, setting and story all result in an amazing experience."
* iFanzine - 4/5 - "Crow's world is definitely one of the most compelling I've visited on iOS."
* Appolicious Advisor - 5/5 - "Some of the best visuals the iPhone has to offer."
* Mactrast.com - 4/5 - "An Immensely Captivating Dark Adventure for iOS"
Watch the Official Trailer: http://tinyurl.com/crowtrailer
Recommended for the iPad or any recent iPhone/iPod Touch (3gs, iPhone 4, 4s)
More Treats and Goodies!
Ratings and Reviews
On an iPhone 4S, the game runs smooth and the graphics are lovely. It's a mixture of a few types of games, first you are on a map and have to find a number of diamonds/trinkets.
Then you play bonus levels flying mainly on rails to get more diamonds/trinkets.
Then you trade in your diamonds/trinkets and get power ups that make life easier, like a shield.
Then you fight a boss.
Rinse and repeat a few times.
It was enjoyable for a couple of hours, but fighting the 4th boss? the white spirit boss where you had to beat 5 or more stages was my breaking point. It was a bit ridiculous.
The trouble is that sometimes the controls let you down a bit. Especially in the boss fights.
You can power up and use a shield to protect you, but sometimes doing the loop movement to make the shield is awkward or it just doesn't work (maybe I'm doing something wrong) and then when you get your finger back on the screen, sometimes to crow refuses to move for a second or two then dead.
Then you have to sit through a 20 or 30 second cut scene and do it all again.
I tried that 4th boss about 20 times and realised I was just fluking past the 3rd stage out of at least 5 stages (each stage takes a good minute or so) and gave up.
Maybe let us skip the cut scenes, give us a button to press to make the shield and it might bring the game to 5 stars.
Until then, this is a good 4 stars of relatively relaxing gameplay for a couple of hours.
Crow is one of those games that has an individuality, or you could say, a heart. It isn't perfect (ahem, writing), but it's incredibly well crafted, immersive and satisfying, with great artwork and soundtrack. Played on an iPad1 and iPhone4, the only performance issues I've encountered were hiccups during the otherwise reasonable and not at all frustrating loading times.
If you like atmospheric games with a fairly original world and story, and if flying, exploration and rail shooter action are your thing, you should definitely check it out.
Playing on gen4 ipad crashed part way through,left with totally blank screen, will have to reload and loose progress, up till now enjoying game completely although scoring a bit difficult to follow.
- Sunside, Inc.
- 283.5 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2012 Sunside Games Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.