Stream Japan's most popular anime with Crunchyroll. Watch new shows like Boruto: Naruto Next Generations, The Ancient Magus' Bride, and Dragon Ball Super, plus favorites like Attack on Titan, Cowboy Bebop, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and hundreds more! Plus, watching Crunchyroll's licensed content supports the creators who work to bring you awesome anime every week (Show availability varies by region).
Start watching your favorite anime now for free (no membership required), or try Crunchyroll Premium FREE for 7 days. Sign up via the Crunchyroll app now!
- No ads
- New episodes one hour after airing in Japan
- Watch on Apple TV, Xbox, PS4, Roku – pretty much any internet-connected screen
Become a Premium user with in-app purchasing to easily auto-pay every month.
In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to Premium for only $6.99 per month (amount in USD in US App Store)
- Your iTunes Account will automatically be charged after you confirm your subscription
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of your billing period. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase
- Your iTunes Account will be charged $6.99 monthly for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period
- A current subscription cannot be cancelled during an active subscription period
Bug fixes and behind-the-scenes improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I really like this app in general, and I think it is really good. But, I do have to tell you about some things in this app that I really don’t like. 1. The ads. I am honestly fine with them, but I think there are just way too many ads that play. I think the maximum of ads per episode should probably be 3 or 4. It’s getting really irritating and sometimes the exact same ad plays and it’s super annoying. 2. Some anime’s ‘don’t exist’ on crunchyroll. Now, I get it, there cannot be every single anime on this app but, for some reason, I can’t find some really we’ll known anime’s that are most likely to be on the app, and example could be Aikatsu. I would love it if you did try to include aikatsu in the app because I absolutely love it. It may be on crunchyroll premium, but I am not really paying just to watch 1 anime that I will probably finish in a week or so. My overall thoughts are: Please include less ads and try to include the anime called Aikatsu (not aikatsu stars, people often mistaken it for Aikatsu stars). Thank you for reading my very terrible moan about it.
Good but could be better
I like this app because it’s easier to find anime that I really want to watch, however, I don’t get a stable income so I can’t buy premium... I’m okay with that until I saw the hell of not being a premium member was like!I hate that not being a premium member is literal hell... you can’t keep up to date on any series your watching because you have to have premium for new episodes and the ads in between are Ridiculous! There are too many ads being advertise in just one episode alone, so many that I completely forgot what happened before the sea of ads started. I know that you need to make money to keep this site/app going but I think it’s stupid that people who aren’t members can’t just enjoy watching some anime without the sea of ads and waiting a lifetime for an episode to be considered old so they can continue watching the series. This premium idea is unfair to people/kids who don’t make a stable income or can’t even afford to pay monthly. If you had it so only one or two ads play during the ad breaks than that would be better instead of having 5-10 playing.
Great for Premium, OK for general users
Really great app. Updates with the website version and has a good UI. For Premium users the app is pretty much perfect except for its inability to allow us to post comments or use the community aspects of the website. Have the option to play all videos in normal, HD or have to automatically adjust the quality of the video. Can minimise the app and play episodes in a pop-out player.
However for non-Premium users like I was a few weeks ago it can be a challenge to use: lots of ads which play about 5 in a row and interrupts the episode at the start, middle and end. Can be the same ad and therefore it can get really repetitive quite quickly. Frequently crashes if you attempt to skip ad segments. Ads themselves can also bug out whilst loading and cause a crash.
Very good app if not great but can be improved and could be a made a bit easier to use for non-Premium members.
- Ellation, Inc.
- 62.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © 2017 Ellation Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership £4.99
- Anime Membership £4.99
- Monthly Premium+ Membership £8.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.