Cubasis - Music Production System
By Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in high-resolution audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with three virtual instruments which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-Bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 50 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALionSonic and 16 Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler with more than 20 instrument sounds to create your own instruments
• Mixer with 15 effect processors (insert and send effects)
• Over 550 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• MIDI CC, program change, aftertouch support
• AirPlay, Buetooth and HDMI audio out support
• Export to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy & email
• MIDI clock and thru support
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Full Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or using iTunes filesharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase 7.5/Pro 8, Cubase Artist 7.5/8, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 8.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What's New in Version 1.9.7
This maintenance update fixes some minor bugs and includes the latest version of the AudioCopy 3.1 SDK.
More information can be found at steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
Please rate this app on the App Store if you like it!
I LOVED my Tascam Portastudio.... it helped me put together so many song ideas back in the day.
But Garageband and Nanostudio, while both having amazing and inspiring aspects didn't completely grab me in the way my old cassette chum had in previous times. So I was sceptical about trying Cubasis and left it a year or so before taking the plunge.
When I finally did the app was a doddle to get to grips with and totally reminds me of the fun I had demoing in the Tascam glory days. And with Audiobus I can still use all those wonderful sounds from Nanostudio, etc anyway.
These are indeed good times for a wandering (and tech savvy) minstrel!
Needs a few more features, but has been one of the most reliable so far. Very easy to use.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: 02 November 2015
- Version: 1.9.7
- Size: 531 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays£4.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX£4.99