Cubasis - Music Production System
By Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in high-resolution audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with three virtual instruments which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-Bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 50 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 100 virtual instrument sounds based on HALionSonic and 16 Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler with more than 20 instrument sounds to create your own instruments
• Mixer with 15 revamped effect processors (insert and send effects)
• Over 550 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• MIDI CC, program change, aftertouch support
• AirPlay, Buetooth and HDMI audio out support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy & email
• MIDI clock and thru support
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes filesharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 8/Pro 8.5, Cubase Artist 8/8.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 8.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What's New in Version 1.9.9
This maintenance update includes several improvements and fixes for many user-reported problems.
More information can be found at steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
Please support us by rating this app on the App Store if you like it!
QUICK POINT...NEEDS MORE COLOURS FOR TRACKS. ITS NOT JUST THE TRACKS THAT NEED COLOUR CODING-I OFTEN NEED A TRIGGER IN A DIFFERENT COLOUR WITHIN THE SAME TRACK. EASY FIX. TOP APP.
I simply could not write the music I do without Cubasis. Doug at Soundtest Room is THE expert. He uses Cubasis with Audiobus and whatever synth, dm, seq, etc. Anyone who rates this less than 5*needs help. By far the best DAW on iOS. And I wanted that prize to go to Auria but Auria is just too good for iOS to handle at the moment. Sure some experts with the newest and emptiest iPads will tell you they had 8 synths running simultaneously inside Auria. Try doing that on my iPad and it would have iPad kittens.
No Tempo Track - Very Frustrated
This App is fantastic and I use it constantly.
The only reason I gave it 4 stars was that there is no tempo track, so you can't have more than one tempo in any song.
I know people have been banging on about this since Cubasis was launched, but it is a major component of songwriting and musicality to be able to adjust the tempo of a song part way through and make the tracks seem less robotic, especially with classical style work.
I think this should have been added prior to the albeit, excellent mixer automation function upgrade, especially in the full price version.
Please, please, please, Steinberg will you add this as priority. Add it as a in app purchase, if you must. This would surely make this app perfect and definitely make the full version worth the money and truly warrant 5 stars.
I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed!
Absolutely brilliant. I use it constantly and it has totally upped the production quality of my music. I feel it can do anything I need it to but I do get the occasional inter app glitches where it won't link or it's silent. Don't know if it's an app fault or my own but it doesn't stop me using it. Best thing ever
- Category: Music
- Updated: 11 May 2016
- Version: 1.9.9
- Size: 910 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays£4.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX£4.99