Cumberland Mobile Banking
By Cumberland Building Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Mobile Banking app from Cumberland Building Society allows our Internet Banking customers to:
- quickly view the balances of up to 3 accounts without logging on using our Balance Peek feature
- view the balances of all current accounts, savings accounts and mortgages
- view the recent transactions of all current accounts and eSavings accounts
- transfer money between your current accounts and eSavings accounts
- transfer money to your savings accounts
- make payments to existing internet banking payees
- communicate with us securely within the app via message
- register your overseas travel plans to allow your debit card to be used abroad
Pay2Mobile | The Easy Way To Pay
- send up to £250 per day to another person or business, such as a tradesman, using just their mobile phone number with our Pay2Mobile service.
- Pay2Mobile is part of Paym; a national payments service which connects the current accounts and mobile phone numbers of over 40 million customers of the participating banks and building societies.
- you can also receive payments from others using just your mobile phone number, and can register to do this by connecting your Cumberland current account with your mobile phone number in the App.
We will not charge you to use our Mobile Banking app, although use may incur data use charges from your network provider.
The app is compatible with, though not optimised, for iPads.
Terms & Conditions apply.
Go to https://www.cumberland.co.uk/current-accounts to apply for a Cumberland current account online.
If you already have a Cumberland current account and wish to use Internet and Mobile Banking and Pay2Mobile, contact us via https://www.cumberland.co.uk/about/contact.
Pay2Mobile is a registered trademark of Cumberland Building Society. Paym and the Paym logo are registered trademarks and used under licence from Payments Council Limited (or its successors in title).
SAFE & SECURE USE OF OUR APP
Our app has been designed to protect you and your money. If you are ever an innocent victim of fraud as a result of your use of it, we will fully reimburse the money taken from your account, but you must also take all precautions we recommend to ensure that your devices are secure and that your personal details are kept safe:
1. Check that your mobile device is sufficiently protected against the risk of downloading malware (malicious software) or viruses.
2. Always PIN-protect your mobile device and do not store your Passcode on it. Always log out of, or navigate away from, the app when you have finished using it.
3. Avoid using public Wi-Fi and disable Bluetooth when using the app.
4. Only ever download the app from the official app stores we have approved.
5. Do not install the app on jailbroken devices (i.e. a handset which has had its default operating system restrictions removed).
6. If you believe that your Passcode is known by another person you should change it immediately using the 'I forgot my Passcode' function in the app.
We recommend that you take the following precautions to protect yourself if you lose your phone:
1. Treat your mobile device like your wallet - keep it safe at all times.
2. Make a note of your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. This will allow your operator to disable your phone. Type *#06# into your handset to get your IMEI number.
3. Register your phone on the Immobilise National Property Register (www.immobilise.com) - there’s a better chance of you being reunited with your mobile device if it is recovered.
4. Advise us immediately if you lose your mobile device by calling our Customer Service Team. You should also contact your mobile network service provider immediately.
What's New in Version 1.12.0
Compatibility upgrade with only one material change (interest rate now displayed for savings accounts)
Information for previous commenters
Those users who are needing to re-register when they log on, please note it is because your phone doesn't have enough free space for the app to work properly. Delete some data and it should work - you will only need to register once.
Update ruined everything
I used to really like this app, it was really handy and really easy to use. Ever since the update however it has gone downhill, it now logs me out and makes me re-register every time I want to access it. Now just waiting for the next update and hoping they fix it, if not, bye bye once great app :(
Love the 'balance peek' function and that I can let you know when I am abroad!