Plan a great day out and discover fascinating stories, facts and insights on walks and trails around Cumbria. The history of Cumbria is as varied and diverse as its landscape and wildlife – this app combines all three in interesting walks and trails around the county.
* 8 trails around Cumbria with stops where you can learn fascinating stories and facts
* Each trail has written directions as well as a map to follow
* Learn interesting facts and stories about Cumbria
* Follow the trails or take a tour from your armchair
* Trails are 2-9 miles long
* Trails in towns and in the countryside
* Walks are graded according to Lake District National Park scale
* Trails feature ‘treasures’ that have been nominated on Treasures of Cumbria (see www.treasuresofcumbria.org.uk)
This app is part of the Treasures of Cumbria project:
Treasures of Cumbria is a space where you can record and share what you treasure about the county.
A treasure could be anything that is meaningful to you. It might be a place, a story, a song or a recipe. It might be a personal memory or something of national or international significance.
The "Coffin Walk, Grasmere" – a fascinating historical trail around Grasmere in the heart of the Lake District, home to poet William Wordsworth.
"Lakes, Waterfalls & Rivers, Buttermere" - see some impressive natural features of the Lake District.
"Now and Then, Kendal" - explore this Cumbrian town through its historical photographs.
The Cumbria Museum Consortium has developed this app with funding from Arts Council England. The app features interesting walks and trails around Cumbria that tell stories of the county’s history and heritage.
The Cumbria Museum Consortium is a partnership of three Cumbrian museums:
* Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery Trust in Carlisle
* Lakeland Arts in Kendal and Bowness
* and the Wordsworth Trust in Grasmere.
The Consortium is funded by Arts Council England through their Renaissance Major Grants Programme. Further information on the Consortium partners can be found on their websites:
Ratings and Reviews
This is a great app. I look forward to completing all the trails.
- Surface Impression
- 6.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Cumbria Museums Consortium and respective creators
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.