CustomMenu 3 lets you build your own global menu to quickly access your favorite apps, files, and folders.
Within your custom menu, you can:
• simply click to open an app, file or folder.
• cmd-click to show the app, file or folder in the Finder.
• easily browse and access hierarchical folder contents.
• view file info (kind, size, created, modified, preview).
• select the app to open a file.
• easily switch between running apps.
CustomMenu is always at your fingertips:
• via the global menu.
• via customizable keyboard shortcut.
• at the current mouse location.
• even in full-screen mode.
CustomMenu 3 is the successor of the classic CustomMenu and has been completely rewritten to be even better. The new features are:
- The new preview feature allows you to look at the contents of a file.
- A new submenu now lists the apps, files, and folders you have recently used.
- The Application Switcher can now hide other apps automatically.
- New option for developers to show hidden files and package contents.
- A modernized user interface.
- Several other improvements, new options, and minor bug fixes.
If you have feedback or if you need support, please do not hesitate to contact: email@example.com
Improved performance and stability.
Ratings and Reviews
An outstandingly useful little app
I came across CustomMenu while searching for a replacement for FinderPop which I’d been using since before Apple's transition of the MacOS to unix. CustomMenu gives you a menu which can be used from the system menu bar or from a keyboard shortcut which is entirely customisable - as in the name!
You can put anything you like in there, from folders and disks to applications, order them how you like, and have menu items as inline (part of the main menu) or as submenus. You can also add standard Mac menu dividers where you like so as to organise everything how you want it. A brilliant app which I use every day.
How did I cope before??? Recommended
I’ve had this little app now for just over 2 weeks and already I’m wondering how I coped before CustomMenu 3.
Firstly, I’ve managed to get rid of a lot of the files and folders on my dock (which was becoming a little confusing even though it was me who created it)
Secondly, I love any app that allows me, the user, to adapt it to my own requirements.
Thirdly, it’s intuitive. In other words it’s logical, it’s the app the average user would write for themselves if they were able.
Software and especisally apps, are often difficult to review as there always seems to be something wrong or something you don’t like. This the first app I’ve used that doesn’t follow that pattern. I’d give it 10 stars if I could.
I and probably many long time Mac users were very upset at the demise of FinderPop which for various reasons no longer works on current versions of MacOs, this little gem replaces it BIG TIME.
Worth every dime, euro or penny it costs as it saves a ton of time every day, Good work !
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.