By Cyrus Audio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cyrus Cadence allows you to wirelessly control your Cyrus Streaming system from an iPad.
Cyrus Cadence supports the features of your streamer, allowing you to:
- Browse, control and listen to your digital music collection and view album artwork
- Tune in to internet radio stations with TuneIn Radio
- Individually control different Cyrus streamers running on the same network
- Select up to 9 different inputs on each streamer such as external USB drive, iPod and iPhone and 5 auxiliaries.
Works with the following Cyrus streaming products:
Stream X Signature
Stream XP2 Qx
Back in 1983, Cyrus launched with a range of great-sounding, high-value amplifiers built into a unique half-width die-cast chassis. This iconic casework endured as Cyrus blossomed from a small amplifier-producing company to a leading multi-platform two-channel specialist. Today, our engineers aim to create the most advanced systems in specialist hi-fi, progressing the current audio platforms as far as possible.
As we look to the next 30 years, we are fully committed to making even more great-sounding products, engineered to the very highest standards and ready to bring out the best in your music collection, no matter how it is stored. To fully appreciate the sound quality of Cyrus products, please visit your local dealer to experience just how great music can sound.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
- Solved small UPnP discovery bug.
Dismal app letting down great hardware
I'm a lifelong Cyrus fan with an admiration for their hifi products that goes back to my first Cyrus 1 amp. I recently took the plunge into streaming with a Streamline v2 and thought 'oh great, I can control it from my iPad - happy days'. Sadly, the truth falls a little short of this. The Cadence app is quite the most pitiful excuse for a bit of software I've ever seen (and I work in business software). First of all, it's really flaky. It crashes often on my ipad and at the moment, it just won't connect to my Streamline. On the rare occasions it does connect, I almost wish it hadn't as its like being transported to what we all thought computer software should be like in 1986. To say that the functionality is limited is something of an understatement - no playlists, no configurable UI, song titles shown with file extensions, no 'rich' functionality at all. This isn't Sonos controller or iTunes. The user screens are dull and ugly in equal measure and the whole thing feels like it was knocked up as a high school project (where it got a C minus). When I look at the beautiful Streamline, with its amazing sound and fabulous build, I can't understand how the same company could be responsible for the hideous crock that is Cadence. Come on Cyrus, you can do loads better than this!!!
Poor - Needs Total Update
This app has not been updated for a long time. It has fallen behind other hi fi streamer manufacturers. The issues Cyrus need to improve are:
1. Better resolution - the screen for the particular track being played is very poor
2. The app often crashes, this problem happens especially on start up and the best way to solve the problem is to continuously delete the app and re-download
3. If you have more than one streamer the app struggles to find different streamers. Again best way to resolve is again delete and download the app
4. The streamer/app will only read the storage drive associated with the streamer. It does not pick up yr iPad, so you can’t stream music from your iPad or similar.
5. The app is not interactive with any online music data bases, unlike others.
All in all the app is seriously falling behind its competitors and is need of a total update and refresh and improved stability.
Great sound, awful software
I'm over the moon with the great sound of my Cyrus Streamline2 (on Tannoy DCT 6 SEs) BUT this control software is a real letdown!!
After a decade of iTunes and it's amazing user- centric software functionality, this is a step back into the dark ages. I'm seriously starting to question if the sound quality gain was worth my user functionality loss.
Hope Cyrus have a task force on this...I'm starting to think about work arounds myself.