Dancing With The Stars and Strictly Come Dancing pros use DancePicker. Developed by music guru Graham Jarvis, DancePicker is great for anyone who loves to move to music! Every track has been categorised by Graham together with a pro dancer.
Dancers use DancePicker to generate ideas and plan routines; find the right dance for your music and the right music for your dance!
Runners and Joggers use TempoPicker to find tracks at the perfect tempo to run to or to find faster tempo tracks as a challenge!
DJs and Bands create set lists defined not just by tempo but by feel as well
Couples find their wedding first dance. Every lyric has been checked; there are no break-up songs in DancePicker's wedding filter!
Dressage riders find music with a tempo that matches their horse's walk, trot and canter pace
Party planners can kick it off with a bang and slow it down for a bit of romance. If there's a party theme then DancePicker's filters will come to the rescue!
Key Features of DancePicker:
- Explore thousands of tracks, dance styles and tempos
- Easily discover the styles you can dance to each track
- Ballroom, Latin or Other styles of dance at your chosen tempo
- 30 dance styles including cha cha, jive, waltz, hip hop, samba
- Find tracks or artists in your chosen style and tempo
- Use the unique TempoPicker to get tracks at the tempo you choose
- Filter to find tracks that have been used in movies, musicals, TV Dance shows from around the world
- Discover tracks that are just right for your event such as Christmas, a Halloween party or a first dance for your wedding
- See if a track is a cover version
- Create playlists easily with Favourites
- Preview tracks available on iTunes with an option to buy
- Child friendly - iTunes marked explicit tracks don't have a preview option
DancePicker is always being added to. If you've any comments, ideas or even want your favourite track on the next update let us know at http://dancepicker.com/get-in-touch/
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @DancePicker
Ratings and Reviews
So useful..helpful for using when out jogging .. Find tempo to speed up or slow down .. Recommended it to a freind and he's using as a tool for first dance and all of his wedding songs .. Helps make sure their first dance is apt lyrically and for timing. This is a must have app .. Has so many uses!!!!
Frankly, DancePicker is a godsend. I regularly need to find music of a particular rhythm, and it's surprisingly hard - you end up randomly googling, and getting random forum posts where people have listed their favourite jive tracks (say). It always *seemed* like there should be some decent repository somewhere, and that's exactly what DancePicker promises. And, amazingly, delivers.
Apps like these live and die by their data: is there actually enough information there to be useful? Thankfully, yes! There's a huge song database with full details of each song's beats per minute, dance style - and even where it's been used on tv/stage/elsewhere. This last one is particularly great - I found a waltz I liked, and was then told it had been used on Strictly Come Dancing, including the series and episode, so I could look up the video. I'm amazed they've put so much data together - it must have been quite the job.
The app itself works well, too. You can search for songs by all the above criteria, and it's all quick and easy. The BPM search is particularly elegant. My only suggestion would be to make the first screen a little clearer - it's not entirely obvious at first which button you should choose, or where you should start. A few minutes of playing around sorts that, but it's worth checking out the video clips on the website too - they're brief, but clear and well-narrated, and quickly show you what's best.
In short, this is a quiet little app that'll quickly become indispensable. Recommended!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.