Dark Meadow: The Pact
By Phosphor Games Studio, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FREE VERSION OF THE VISUALLY STUNNING, ENGROSSING STORYTELLING GAME ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE!
Nominated for Mobile Game of the Year from the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences
* IGN: "worth playing just to experience the game’s huge amount of eccentric dialogue, and to experience the unfolding mystery.... one of the best to hit the App Store in recent memory."
* KOTAKU: "at home in the halls of BioShock's Rapture...disturbingly gorgeous experience."
* DESTRUCTOID: "a very atmospheric and engrossing game with a delicious streak of dark humor coursing through its veins.. worth picking up for anybody with an interest in iOS gaming."
* JOYSTIQ: "It's a surprisingly funny, gorgeous game that's an easy recommendation... ram home the truth that mobile games are getting surprisingly good at creating big worlds on tiny screens."
* TOUCH ARCADE: "The Dark Meadow is a standout in almost every way. From look to setting to the touch-centric gameplay, it shines, and you can tell this title was crafted with much love "
* GIZMODO.UK: "a splendid achievement. The bar has been raised, the gauntlet has been thrown down, and the hyperbole has been exhausted. We can’t wait to see the next game that tries to go one better."
* MODOJO: "a cross between BioShock and Infinity Blade... a hauntingly beautiful and intriguing game everyone should play, as it offers both a compelling adventure and a glimpse into the future of smart phone gaming. "
* GAMEZEBO: "arguably the best title to come to the genre. It's gorgeous, it's creepy, and it's a blast to play. This is the perfect game to play during the Halloween season. "
A dark fairytale of intrigue and mystery, where the sins of the past must be paid for… So sets the stage for The Dark Meadow -- a visually stunning world of deep exploration, gripping story, and heart racing combat, created with the unrivaled power of the Unreal Engine 3.
You awake in a hospital uncertain of how you arrived there or why. An old man warns of a beautiful witch whose minions roam the halls seeking the living. It is only when the witch is destroyed that you will be released from this unrelenting torment.
Using fun and intuitive fully gesture-based controls, you explore the decaying ruins of Montclair Hospital, armed with your crossbow for long-range combat as well as your sword for up close and personal melee battles.
The best elements from role-playing games encourage exploration as a wide variety of items are secreted throughout the world – from hidden scraps of paper that reveal the mystery of your imprisonment, to weapons and items, to money which can be used to purchase better equipment and weapons.
- Visually stunning, photo-realistic world built with the Unreal 3 engine
- A mature plot, stylized as a dark modern fairytale with bizarre twists and turns;
- In-world storytelling and quality acting
- Gesture-based action: crossbow ranged combat with ‘pull back and fire’ mechanic, slashing melee combat with dodging, blocking, and combos;
- Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean , Italian, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
-Fixed Retina support issues so graphics on mobile devices now render as they should
-Fixed a bug where health packs were not spawning in world as they should
-Adjusted enemy loot drops to be more generous
-Increased Sun Coin rewards from killstreaks
-Premium Game and upgrade now convert all costs of swords, crossbows, and amulets permanently into gold from sun coins
Flawed but addictive
Alright, so yes the game gets a little repetitive after several hours and it's perhaps a little cliched but essentially, if you're willing to work at it you don't need to pay anything. Download at the very least for the open hours, where the plot it unfolding and everything is new and exciting. Gripping and undeniably unsettling, its got gorgeous graphics with a eerie setting, violent monsters and a creepy old man as your only companion. The documents you find around the place are brilliant to read as you piece together the puzzle and the general feel of the game is truly fantastic. Dark, yet surprisingly amusing it's both frightening and entertaining and I'd highly recommend everyone at least gives it a try for a few hours.
Medpacks need to be easier to find and the game could be less repetitive but overall a stunning game with dark, intelligent themes and motifs.
Finished the game
(Will not include spoilers) I finished the game without having to pay anything so I don't know why people are saying they can't get past level two lol. Took me awhile to actually finish it though, but I got there in the end xD very good game I must say. I defeated the girl in level two after three tries. Annoyed me so much xD I didn't use any of my health packs. Trick to this game is that you don't keep wasting your health packs and you defeat monsters in a streak to gain more sun coins. That is why I never had to pay real money for anything. I had to use bombs and such in he last level (key tip: this is where u should save your health packs and bombs for lol) cuz it frikkin annoyed me cuz I kept dying every time the monster hits me twice xD Really good game since it's actually challenging and not easy and boring. I would replay ^^
Would have been 5 stars
I'm not a big gamer, but this game really caught my attention. It looks great and starts off really great, however, the user interface for fighting feels really awkward and uncomfortable, and health packs are so stupidly impossible to find that I find my self constantly repeating the same thing over and over. Not being much of a gamer, anything like this that starts wasting way too much of my time is not worth the effort. Also, when you do finally manage to earn yourself a new health pack, the woman at the end of the first 2 levels takes your whole health away with one hit so it's gone within a second!
I understand this is a free version but I've heard that you still have to buy stuff in the paid one. I would buy the paid one if you could buy health packs with gold! I'm not spending real money on stuff.
Please sort it out as it has the potential to be a great game
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 April 2012
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 573 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Phosphor Games, LLC
- © 2012 Phosphor Games, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 Sun Coins£0.79
- 210 Sun Coins£1.49
- 550 Sun Coins£3.99
- Premium Upgrade£1.49
- 35,000 Gold Pieces£0.79
- 100,000 Gold Pieces£1.49
- 300,000 Gold Pieces£3.99
- 1250 Sun Coins£7.99
- 800,000 Gold Pieces£7.99
- 2,000,000 Gold Pieces£14.99