By Phosphor Games Studio, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VISUALLY STUNNING, ENGROSSING STORYTELLING GAME ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE! UPDATED WITH NEW CONTENT!
*Nominated for Mobile game of the Year by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.
* IGN: "worth playing just to experience the game’s huge amount of eccentric dialogue, and to experience the unfolding mystery.... one of the best to hit the App Store in recent memory."
* KOTAKU: "at home in the halls of BioShock's Rapture...disturbingly gorgeous experience."
* DESTRUCTOID: "a very atmospheric and engrossing game with a delicious streak of dark humor coursing through its veins.. worth picking up for anybody with an interest in iOS gaming."
* JOYSTIQ: "It's a surprisingly funny, gorgeous game that's an easy recommendation... ram home the truth that mobile games are getting surprisingly good at creating big worlds on tiny screens."
* TOUCH ARCADE: "The Dark Meadow is a standout in almost every way. From look to setting to the touch-centric gameplay, it shines, and you can tell this title was crafted with much love "
* GIZMODO.UK: "a splendid achievement. The bar has been raised, the gauntlet has been thrown down, and the hyperbole has been exhausted. We can’t wait to see the next game that tries to go one better."
* MODOJO: "a cross between BioShock and Infinity Blade... a hauntingly beautiful and intriguing game everyone should play, as it offers both a compelling adventure and a glimpse into the future of smart phone gaming. "
* GAMEZEBO: "arguably the best title to come to the genre. It's gorgeous, it's creepy, and it's a blast to play. This is the perfect game to play during the Halloween season. "
A dark fairytale of intrigue and mystery, where the sins of the past must be paid for… So sets the stage for The Dark Meadow -- a visually stunning world of deep exploration, gripping story, and heart racing combat, created with the unrivaled power of the Unreal Engine 3.
You awake in a hospital uncertain of how you arrived there or why. An old man warns of a beautiful witch whose minions roam the halls seeking the living. It is only when the witch is destroyed that you will be released from this unrelenting torment.
Using fun and intuitive fully gesture-based controls, you explore the decaying ruins of Montclair Hospital, armed with your crossbow for long-range combat as well as your sword for up close and personal melee battles.
The best elements from role-playing games encourage exploration as a wide variety of items are secreted throughout the world – from hidden scraps of paper that reveal the mystery of your imprisonment, to weapons and items, to money which can be used to purchase better equipment and weapons.
- Visually stunning, photo-realistic world built with the Unreal 3 engine
- A mature plot, stylized as a dark modern fairytale with bizarre twists and turns;
- In-world storytelling and quality acting
- Gesture-based action: crossbow ranged combat with ‘pull back and fire’ mechanic, slashing melee combat with dodging, blocking, and combos;
- Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean , Italian, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
-Fixed Retina support issues so graphics on mobile devices now render as they should
-Fixed a bug where health packs were not spawning in world as they should
-Adjusted enemy loot drops to be more generous
-Increased Sun Coin rewards from killstreaks
-Premium Game and upgrade now convert all costs of swords, crossbows, and amulets permanently into gold from sun coins (note: these will NO LONGER be available for sun coins after purchasing the premium upgrade or the premium version of the game)
Great game. Bought it when it was first released. I've enjoyed it time and again, and strived to complete the achievements. Up until the latest update, I would have rated this five stars. It really is excellent.
It was an extremely pleasant surprise when a Dark Meadow update with extra content came up on my updates list! I updated immediately.
While the new content is great, with new weapons to wield, new areas to explore and new items to use, the general idea of this update is outstanding. It's such a shame, however, that the resolution on my iPhone 4S has been scaled down dramatically since updating.
The main reason for my buying this game was the fact that it runs the Unreal 3 engine, so it's main strength was the graphics, especially on a retina display. Now it doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did before.
Hopefully this issue can be dealt with by means of a patch or an update. In it's current state, it's a four star rating. If the iPhone Retina Display issue gets resolved I'll increase it to five stars.
UPDATE: The bugs have been squashed! It now looks brilliant on my Retina Display once again! Back to 5 stars.
This reminds me of bioshock combine with silent hill
This is a must buy. I've had this game for a while now and totally forgot about it. Then I started playing it today and it blew me out of the window how good the story was. It remind me of bioshock and silent hill, you'll know what I mean when you play the game and when you look around to see the wheelchair guy and wheelchairs everywhere and finding Chilling stories about the past etc and this random guy talking to you to try and help you to get by places to places, reminds me of bioshock... Only one annoying fact is that it doesn't support the iPhone 5 screen size yet, Hopefully it will soon
Story is fantastic and voice acting is fantastic. Gameplay was good I don't mind searching endless rooms for loot and story items but after a while it gets boring . Combat was great but after a while it gets repetitive. My biggest concern though is how flicking hard it gets after and hour or 2 it's get ridiculously hard I used all Med kits and sun bombs (one shot hits) as soon as it got a bit harder. I want to finish the game but I don't think I'm going to be able to its to hard... Good price great story good combat and gameplay but to hard and repetitive. Can Anyone help me?
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 April 2012
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 573 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Phosphor Games, LLC
- ©2011 Phosphor Games, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- 210 Sun Coins£1.49
- 300,000 Gold Pieces £3.99
- 100 Sun Coins£0.79
- 100,000 Gold Pieces £1.49
- 550 Sun Coins£3.99
- 35,000 Gold Pieces£0.79
- 800,000 Gold Pieces£7.99
- 2,000,000 Gold Pieces£14.99
- 1250 Sun Coins£7.99
- 6,000,000 Gold Pieces£39.99