By Phosphor Games Studio, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VISUALLY STUNNING, ENGROSSING STORYTELLING GAME ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE! UPDATED WITH NEW CONTENT!
*Nominated for Mobile game of the Year by the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences.
* IGN: "worth playing just to experience the game’s huge amount of eccentric dialogue, and to experience the unfolding mystery.... one of the best to hit the App Store in recent memory."
* KOTAKU: "at home in the halls of BioShock's Rapture...disturbingly gorgeous experience."
* DESTRUCTOID: "a very atmospheric and engrossing game with a delicious streak of dark humor coursing through its veins.. worth picking up for anybody with an interest in iOS gaming."
* JOYSTIQ: "It's a surprisingly funny, gorgeous game that's an easy recommendation... ram home the truth that mobile games are getting surprisingly good at creating big worlds on tiny screens."
* TOUCH ARCADE: "The Dark Meadow is a standout in almost every way. From look to setting to the touch-centric gameplay, it shines, and you can tell this title was crafted with much love "
* GIZMODO.UK: "a splendid achievement. The bar has been raised, the gauntlet has been thrown down, and the hyperbole has been exhausted. We can’t wait to see the next game that tries to go one better."
* MODOJO: "a cross between BioShock and Infinity Blade... a hauntingly beautiful and intriguing game everyone should play, as it offers both a compelling adventure and a glimpse into the future of smart phone gaming. "
* GAMEZEBO: "arguably the best title to come to the genre. It's gorgeous, it's creepy, and it's a blast to play. This is the perfect game to play during the Halloween season. "
A dark fairytale of intrigue and mystery, where the sins of the past must be paid for… So sets the stage for The Dark Meadow -- a visually stunning world of deep exploration, gripping story, and heart racing combat, created with the unrivaled power of the Unreal Engine 3.
You awake in a hospital uncertain of how you arrived there or why. An old man warns of a beautiful witch whose minions roam the halls seeking the living. It is only when the witch is destroyed that you will be released from this unrelenting torment.
Using fun and intuitive fully gesture-based controls, you explore the decaying ruins of Montclair Hospital, armed with your crossbow for long-range combat as well as your sword for up close and personal melee battles.
The best elements from role-playing games encourage exploration as a wide variety of items are secreted throughout the world – from hidden scraps of paper that reveal the mystery of your imprisonment, to weapons and items, to money which can be used to purchase better equipment and weapons.
- Visually stunning, photo-realistic world built with the Unreal 3 engine
- A mature plot, stylized as a dark modern fairytale with bizarre twists and turns;
- In-world storytelling and quality acting
- Gesture-based action: crossbow ranged combat with ‘pull back and fire’ mechanic, slashing melee combat with dodging, blocking, and combos;
- Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean , Italian, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese languages.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
-Fixed Retina support issues so graphics on mobile devices now render as they should
-Fixed a bug where health packs were not spawning in world as they should
-Adjusted enemy loot drops to be more generous
-Increased Sun Coin rewards from killstreaks
-Premium Game and upgrade now convert all costs of swords, crossbows, and amulets permanently into gold from sun coins (note: these will NO LONGER be available for sun coins after purchasing the premium upgrade or the premium version of the game)
I was dubious about buying this at first but honestly I was not disappointed. What a AAA app. Great and easy controls. I was happy to pay that extra. Thank you.
Hi, it a good game over all aiming is a bit tricky and needs some practice... Plus needs more overt unities in the game to get extra sunstones and possible be able to buy more like in sims etc but anyway entertaining
Atmospheric fun, if a little repetitive
Great graphics and wonderful speech and sound. Combat is fun to begin with, but becomes a bit tedious after you've respawned for the nth time. It's a shame it's on rails rather than allowing free exploration. There's just enough plot to keep you playing though - personally I found this more compelling than Infinity Blade, which has pretty similar gameplay. Main annoyance is that the game quits every time my iPad goes to sleep.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 09 April 2012
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 573 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Phosphor Games, LLC
- ©2011 Phosphor Games, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- 210 Sun Coins£1.99
- 100 Sun Coins£0.99
- 300,000 Gold Pieces £4.99
- 100,000 Gold Pieces £1.99
- 550 Sun Coins£4.99
- 35,000 Gold Pieces£0.99
- 800,000 Gold Pieces£9.99
- 2,000,000 Gold Pieces£19.99
- 1250 Sun Coins£9.99
- 6,000,000 Gold Pieces£48.99