Dark Mode makes your browser more comfortable, enjoyable and cool by changing the colour scheme to make web pages easier to read. Works especially well for people working during the night or in low light environments or when you want to match your browser with the new Mojave dark mode look.
HOW TO USE IT
• Once you activate the extension all websites will display a darker theme. You can start the extension manually, you can schedule it or turn it on automatically (when macOS Mojave dark mode is active)
• Just press the tool bar button and you can change the theme to a softer or a mono theme
• You can deactivate the theme for any site or apply dark mode for some sites only
• A simple and powerful Safari extension
• Choose between 3 themes: Dark, Soft Dark or Mono
• Multiple ways to activate the extension: manually, schedule it for your preferred night hours or when macOS Mojave dark mode is on
• You can ignore any site or you can apply Dark Mode for some websites only
We read your support emails every day, day by day.
Write with confidence any question, feedback or complain and you will receive an answer in a very short period of time.
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This is an excellent app and I can't believe some of the moans people have posted here. Of course you can't render every website well in monochrome, just as Mojave's dark mode is not ideal for every task. But Dark Mode for Safari does a fine job tackling something Apple should already have provided, and I congratulate the developer.
DON’T BUY !!! Switches to negative.
All it does it switch things into negative, now my youtube dark theme is white n bright and everything is just messed up, DONT BUY !
Developer Response ,
If you changed Youtube to use the built in dark theme, then you do not need Dark Mode for Safari active on Youtube (it's already black). This is why I suggest to use the "Ignore this site" option - if you do not like the dark effect on a site, you should put the extension to ignore it.
Hope this helps :)
It’s good, can be better! (Updated)
( I am happy to say that the developer addressed my issue.
Mr. Alexandru, you have my respect.
Now, I believe this App/Extension deserves 5 Stars! )
I love the idea and the extension works really good but there is one thing that is really frustrating.
Once enabled, the extension affects all the sites and gives you the option to exclude a website.
That basically means you have to go one by one and excluding websites that are already have a dark theme like YouTube, Netflix.
Or look really weird in Dark Mode like Google Trands or Amazon.
It will be great if you can have all websites unchanged and have the option to add "Dark Mode” to a particular website.
And how amazing it will be if the extension could be activated at sunset.
Oh, and there is one more thing…
Every time you click a link on a website where “Dark Mode” is enabled, until the page loads, Safari burns your eyes whith pure white.
But I'm pretty sure the developer cannot do anything about that.
Anyhow, with all that being said:
This extension, as it is now, it's worth the money.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.