By BBC Worldwide
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Official Davina Fitness App!
Hello and welcome to my new fitness app! Yay!! It’s been designed to give you a fantastic workout, whether you’re just getting started or if you’re more experienced. For the first time, we can now train outdoors as well as indoors! So this means that wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, we can exercise and fat burn together. Now there’s definitely no escape, sorry!! But it’s ok because I’m going to be on hand to help you along the way.
Also if you use the app regularly, or stick to your goal plan, you get a ‘Heart’. These are my way of saying a jolly big well done to you!!
I hope you like the app and get loads out of it. Enjoy…
PLEASE NOTE: To ensure you receive all video content in the app, you need to be connected to WiFi, and the app needs to be open on screen.
Your App Download Includes
• Exercise tutorials - video and picture walk-throughs of dozens of different exercises designed for different target areas and objectives.
• Timed workouts - specific exercise combinations to create tailored workouts, designed to fit your objectives by professional trainers Jackie and Mark.
• Each workout contains its own warm up and cool down and you can select any workout at any time.
• A GPS ‘Running Buddy’ function, so you can exercise outside to a fixed time or distance.
• Specially designed workouts to help you develop your running ability.
• Select your own albums and playlists to workout to.
• Check out Davina’s handpicked workout tracks and add them to your library.
• Let Jackie and Mark create a tailored 5 week goal plan by purchasing the "Personal Trainer" upgrade. Simply by providing details on your body, your exercise experience and your goals, you will get a goal plan designed to suit you.
• Throughout the year watch out for new upgrade plans – ‘Get Fit for Summer’ and ‘Christmas Party Shape Up’.
• Receive Davina Hearts for regular use or completing a goal plan.
• Share your Davina Hearts on Facebook and Twitter.
What's New in Version 1.2
- BRAND NEW Get Fit For Summer upgrade - 5 brand new exercises, new workouts and a specifically created 5 week goal plan designed to get you into that bikini in time for your hols.
- addition of video content download status bar feature
- minor bug fixes
Good App but needs work
I've used this a few times and overall it's a good app, however there are some pieces that need improving.
1). The app details say it is compatible with iPad. It isn't since it only shows in my AppStore under iPhone Apps and the cloud hasn't synced it to my iPad.
2). If you miss a workout in your 5 week goal, you cannot see when your next one is - you only have the option to "Not Now" or "Workout Now". You can't scroll down to see when your next workout date is and the auto reminder doesn't work either.
3). If you accidently select workout now, then stop the workout it automatically shows in your workout history. Surely only completed workouts should go in your history?
Once these bugs are fixed I would increase my rating.
Love it! A couple of extras would make it perfect.
Thank you for this app!
I love this & use it to work out as part of my half marathon training. This app is great motivation to keep working out. With so many different 20 minute work outs its easy to make the time.
There are a couple of things I'd like to see to make this perfect. I tried the goal planner & even though I worked out 4 times a week with the app I missed a couple of the sessions in the planner & the goal closed itself. It'd be nice if it showed work outs on a calendar so see what you've achieved over time.
Also, Davina says "1 minute to go" when there's 30 seconds (doesn't bother me but thought the maker of the app may like to know that).
I like this app, I love Davina's encouraging tone and I think the personalised workout is good value for £1.49. Some things would make it perfect, for example:
Doing the workout, when you click for the demonstration, the demo is in landscape mode only, whereas the workout is in portrait only. So I have to either keep rotating the screen every minute in the workout, or just watch the demo from a 90 degree angle!
Also I think running should be able to contribute to the personalised goal. Currently it can't.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 29 April 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 50.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: BBC Worldwide LTD
- © BBC Worldwide 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Personal Trainer Upgrade£1.49
- Get Fit For Summer Upgrade Pack£0.69
- Christmas Party Shape Up£0.69