Day One (Journal / Notes / Diary)
By Bloom Built, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
2014 Mac Apple Design Award Winner, 2012 Mac App of the Year, Award-winning journaling app for iPhone, iPad, and Mac: 2011 #1 Best Apps of Mac App Store, and Jan 2012 App Store App of the Week.
Capture life as you live it. From once-in-a-lifetime events to everyday moments, Day One's elegant interface makes journaling about your life a simple pleasure.
"Makes journaling as easy as tweeting." —Cameron Moll, esteemed design and tech leader
"A simple and always accessible new kind of micro-journaling..." —The Verge
Capture all your favorite memories and photos with Day One.
Day One provides:
## Superior writing experience ##
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Multi-Markdown text formatting
• Full screen mode
• Privacy passcode lock
• Photographic entries
## Apple Watch App (iPhone and Apple Watch only) ##
• Location check-in
• Voice dictation
## Context ##
Each Day One entry automatically tracks:
• Photo EXIF data
• Temperature and weather data
• Locations (GPS and Foursquare Places)
• Time and date
• Activity data - Motion and step count (iPhone 5s)
• Music playing
## Encouragement ##
• Customized writing reminders
• Inspirational quotes and questions (Mac version)
## Organization ##
• Search by keyword
• Create tags and #hashtags
• Star favorite entries
• Browse past entries by calendar, timeline, maps, and more
## Sync and Backup ##
• Sync entries across all your iOS devices with Dropbox or iCloud (Mac sync with purchase of Mac app)
• Backup/PDF export (with date range and tag filters) and Printing
## Sharing ##
• Handpick entries to share with family, friends, and the world.
• "Publish" by Day One creates an individual webpage on dayone.me for each entry you choose to publish.
• If you want to share entries with more people, you can post to social services like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare on a per-entry basis.
• Each entry retains social sharing stats and links, including views, likes, and shares.
• Learn more about Publish at http://dayone.me/publish.
• Email entries (PDF, HTML, or Plain Text)
"Day One Journal... using it every day now." —Jack Dorsey, founder of Twitter and Square
"I love Day One diary software as well because it syncs across computers and reminds me politely to record my life in little snippets."—Felicia Day, Actress and Producer
"Day One is probably the most powerful app I have on my Mac and iOS devices..." —Federico Viticci, MacStories
From "how to" questions to technical inquiries, the Day One Support Center has the answers for you:
What's New in Version 1.17.5
- Various minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
At last, just what I need
At last I have found an app that allows me to keep a calendar journal, which I can sort into different categories (tags) as well. Markdown text is new to me so not so easy, but not really essential. Will be good when you can add more than one photo to an entry. I had a question and got a very quick and helpful response from the support team.
My biggest issue is the save to pdf (so I can print it). The layout is so inefficient of page space taking up many many pages, and thus hopeless for printing. Also, the tags attached to each entry do not show in the pdf.
I've been using this one for about 2 years now and love it. I'm not one for writing too much about my life but there is a he occasional thing or event I want to remember and this app is perfect for that! Recently I had a crash on my trusty Mac and lost all my work info. It's just coincidental, but this little gem of na App saved me as I had written all my jobs into it and even had the numbers of my invoices there! iCloud backup and sync and away I went.
Great job guy!
Just sort that option to have more then one photo for the one entry please✔️
Best Journal App.
Easy to use and kept simple without hassle. I'd recommend for any serious or novice journal/diary keeper.
I reviewed this before as above. I've now been using this app for over a year. Love the search/tag features. Adding one photo is a bit of a pain when you've done a few interesting things a day but you can add multiple entries or you just have to be picky and select the most memorable one, like photographs used to be before digital.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 29 October 2015
- Version: 1.17.5
- Size: 38.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Bloom Built, LLC
- © Bloom Built, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.