By Five Leaf Group LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Always catch the sunset, anywhere—and more!
Imagine you are facing south, using the position of the sun as a clock—that's the concept of DayTime, which shows sunrise, sunset and day length; a day length animation, and more, and which works worldwide, using your exact location for calculations and the nearest city for timezone information.
DayTime is FREE with additional features available for in-App purchase: alarms for and exact time display of: Salah (Namāz) times; beginning and end of Shabbat; Sun events such as astronomical, nautical and civil twilight in addition to sunrise and sunset; and same-time-every-day alarms.
NEVER MISS IT
Set alarms to to catch the sunset or sunrise, inform you of Salah times, and notify you of beginning and end of Shabbat. Display the exact times of these on the clock face. Choose any date* to see sunrise, sunset, Shabbat or Salah times for that day—plan your future event at sunset, whether Salah will be at the proposed time of a meeting, or be certain you will have daylight when you need it. Catch the golden hour for photography, get up before sunrise to go fishing, or see how long you can keep sailing, hiking, or skiing before dark.
• These features are available for in-App purchase.
BE AWARE OF THE SUN, DAYTIME AND NIGHT
Included for FREE are the clock showing the hour with the position of the sun and the amount of time until sunset (or sunrise!), an animation feature which shows the change in day length over the year, the ability to show day length and approximate sunrise and sunset for any day (exact times display available), time zone support, and date and time display.
View time, date, daylight, and events purchased in-App (such as Salah, Shabbat, sunrise and sunset etc) for where you are, where you are going, or just for where you are curious. Your exact location is detected automatically, or you can choose from over 1500 locations. The closest of these 1500 locations is used to ensure the correct time zone is automatically chosen. View information for any location near or far, for any date*. Is it a good time to call someone in another time zone or country? Will it be daylight when you arrive at your destination?
*DayTime is accurate for dates within 100 years of the present.
iOS 5.1.1 and above.
Displayed by DayTime for FREE: Location, Time zone, Time, Day & Date, Sun position, Sunrise and Sunset position (and Day Length), position of Solar Noon. Ability to specify any date in the future or past (within 100 years). Animation of changing day length. Qibla pointer.
Sun Events (in-App purchase) supported: display of exact times for, and alarms based on Astronomical, Nautical, and Civil twilight, Sunrise, Solar Noon, Sunset, and Solar Midnight.
Salah Events (in-App purchase) supported: display of exact times for, and alarms based on Imsak, Fajr, Sunrise, Dhuhr, Asr, Maghrib, Isha, Islamic Midnight.
Support for calculations based on Islamic Society of North America; Muslim World League; Egyptian General Authority of Survey; Umm al-Qura University, Makkah; University of Islamic Sciences, Karachi; Institute of Geophysics, University of Tehran; Shia Ithna Ashari, Leva Research Institute, Qum; or Custom settings.
Adjustments can be specified for observations of actual sunrise and sunset times at your location to provide even more precise Salah times.
High latitudes are supported with the three most common methods.
Qibla pointer included FREE.
Shabbat Events (in-App purchase) supported: display of exact times for, and alarms based on Start of Shabbat and End of Shabbat.
iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPad tested.
Formerly known as SkySundial.
For detailed information please visit http://www.5Leaf.com
What's New in Version 1.3.184
Enhancements and fixes based on your feedback—thank you!
• Calculations are made for exact current location rather than nearest location, with nearest location displayed and used for time zone.
• Can now see coordinates for location by tapping on the location displayed at the top of the screen. Tap again to display only location name.
• Time display can be changed from 12h to 24h and back by tapping the time (in the center top of the time).
• Time display formats for Japanese, Chinese and Arabic.
• Fixed: A feedback that alarms were not sounding. (One possibility, by default app alerts do not make sound when an app is open, only when it is closed.) Fixed so that alarms always make a sound whether DayTime is open or not, using a new sound unique to DayTime. If this continues to be an issue, please let us know.
• Fixed: "Refresh Alarms" message sometimes was not cleared. Corrected.
• Fixed: Alarms at same time every day might not have fired on first day. Corrected.
• Fixed: Shabbat alarms for second week might have fired on wrong day. Corrected.
• Fixed: Current Location did not update unless re-selected. Exact current location is now always used with nearest location used for time zone. Current Location option no longer needed, therefore removed.
• DayTime now no longer makes the device stay on until closed. Instead, DayTime respects the setting for the device in General > Auto Lock.
• If location is unavailable, DayTime will use the timezone currently set for the device. Still, better to manually select a location in this event.
Thank you for your support and feedback!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 04 August 2013
- Version: 1.3.184
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Five Leaf Group LLC
- © 2013 Five Leaf Group LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Sun Events£1.99
- Fixed Time Alarms£0.99
- All Features, Forever£3.99
- Salah Times£2.99