Welcome to the single most efficient way to learn about wine, an essential tool for budding sommeliers, those facing wine exams or anyone who would like to enjoy confident wine knowledge.
This is not a quiz app; it’s all about learning and remembering the myriad of information around wine.
Decanter Know Your Wine is a microlearning app. It uses s p a c i n g to deliver learning in highly efficient short lessons.
Use the app little and often and progress through a series of rankings en route to becoming a Know Your Wine Grand Master. Complete the program and your knowledge of wine will become exceptional. You might even begin to master some of our online quizzes! (https://goo.gl/2JmG98).
More questions will be added over time, so keep checking back.
Know Your Wine is brought to you by Decanter Magazine and powered by Feed Your Elephant. It is free to download and comes with over 10 free modules. Further modules are available as in app purchases or via annual auto-renewable subscription.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the same rate as the original subscription.
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to Account Settings after purchase.
• New content added - 8 new modules for California
• Fixed bug with data backup
• Tweak to algorithm to throw questions much further if correct first time (prior knowledge)
Ratings and Reviews
Restoring glitch - what to do?
The App Support link doesn’t work so: I get a message going on this morning saying it has found data ‘from a previous installation’ do I want to restore this, yes or no? Can’t answer any more qs until this done. I am well over halfway through the levels and want to know that I won’t need to waste time redoing regions I’ve chosen & finished - assume this is as a result of an auto- upgrade as I see you’ve added California, but still unsure whether to say yes or no - assuming yes but pls make all of this clear! PS - when is Spain coming on?!
Edit: after no response above, I chose yes. Now been reduced to starting novice with modules previously done & locked now needing done again! Delete!
This issue has now been fixed. Apologies you didn't get a response in time, we replied quickly but Apple reviews all developer responses and this prevented our response from appearing in time. You can very quickly get back to the stage you were at by using 3D tap on the correct button to throw the questions you know much further into the future.
This is a brilliant app. Really good fun to do throughout the day. I really feel the format aids learning and the questions inspire you to read around and learn even more. I think well worth paying the £5 for access to the whole question bank. This just feeds and reinforces my enthusiasm for wine!
Thank you Tommy, we really appreciate the positive comments.
Great for memorising facts
There are many little things that I just can't remember despite being a DipWSET. This app is really good to refresh and strengthen the knowledge of easily forgettable details. E.g.: I know my cool wine regions, but I couldn't remember that their average temperature during growing season is 16 C. Now I will!
Keep adding content, please.
Thanks S4nLdn! Appreciate the review and the comments, glad you have enjoyed the app, we will continue to add new content.
- Feed Your Elephant Limited
- 122.5 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Feed Your Elephant Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Annual Content Subscription £4.99
- Vineyards (Adv) £0.99
- Wine Labels (Adv) £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.