Decibel X: dB, dBA Noise Meter
By SkyPaw Co. Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Decibel X" is one of very few noise meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports dBA, dBC. It turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? "Decibel X" will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Trusted accuracy: the app is tested and pre calibrated for all Apple devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
- Apple Watch support: see noise level right from your wrist
- Frequency weighting filters: A, B, C, Z
- Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ iCloud support which synchronize all history records across your Apple devices
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layouts
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
- Optimized for iOS 11
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds) and FAST (200 milliseconds)
- Trimming calibration from -15 dB to 15 dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 dBA up to 130 dBA
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- "Keep Device Stay Awake" option for long duration recording
- Reset and clear current recording at any time
- Tap on Max value to reset at any time
- Pause/Resume the tool at any time
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30-130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
If you like it or have suggestions, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.
What's New in Version 6.1.0
Thanks for using Decibel X! Please be sure to rate this new version and leave us a review on the App Store. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improving Decibel X.
This major update includes:
- Supports iPhone X
- Adds Dosimeter. Just tap on the bottom labels to show/hide the Dose & TWA measurements.
- Adds Dose, TWA measurements in the history record and CS
- Adds sound level examples chart
- Saved records name now can be editable
- Adds bouncing effect after saving a record to notify users to swipe up the list
- Adds calibration +/- buttons in the settings for easier control
- Fixes an issue which does not show the duration label when changing rotation from landscape to portrait
- Fixes several iCloud issues
- Code clean-up
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
Needs more functions
Very Handy Tool, it needs a basic tutorial, once each section is learned it doesn’t return until you switch back on in the settings. Also the data is only saved as time stamp, needs regional time stamp too, i actually got it for that reason, but soon realized it’s not present.
When I was 16 I was in the Canadian artillery and as a result I wear hearing aids. Now I have a shoemaking workshop with employees who I don’t want to have wearing hearing aids when they’re my age. Whenever I see them on a machine I suspect might be too loud, it simply open this app and text it. Over 90 and on go the ear defenders!
I love this app. It's accurate and easy to use.
Not sure what the pro version adds more than this version?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 16 November 2017
- Version: 6.1.0
- Size: 34.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- © SkyPaw
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PRO Upgrade£2.99
- A, B, C Frequency Weightings£1.99
- Remove Ads£0.99
- Extended Data Export£2.99