"Decibel X" is one of very few noise meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports dBA, dBC. It turns your iOS device into a professional sound level meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? "Decibel X" will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Trusted accuracy: the app is tested and pre calibrated for all Apple devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
- Apple Watch support: see noise level right from your wrist
- Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z
- Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ iCloud support which synchronize all history records across your Apple devices
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
- Dosimeter with NIOSH, OSHA standards
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layouts
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
- Optimized for iOS 11
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds) and FAST (200 milliseconds)
- Trimming calibration from -15 dB to 15 dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 dBA up to 130 dBA
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- "Keep Device Stay Awake" option for long duration recording
- Reset and clear current recording at any time
- Tap on Max value to reset at any time
- Pause/Resume the tool at any time
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30-130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
If you like it or have suggestions, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.
● Fixes random crashing issue of Insta Decibel
● Fixes UI issue on iPhone X family devices
● Fixes an issue where many ad-free paid users still seeing ads at the beginning
● Fixes an issue where there now should open a warning message when sharing via Instagram, Facebook services but those apps are not installed yet
● Several minor fixes & performance improvements
Thanks for using Decibel X! Please be sure to rate this new version and leave us a review on the App Store. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improving Decibel X.
Ratings and Reviews
Self explanatory app
I only needed to measure the decibels of extreme noise generated by some endless works being carried out next door which was driving me insane. I wanted to have something tangible to show when I was confronted with the usual mantra: "Well, we all have different perception of noise" I am not an expert, but I found this app clear, intuitive and self explanatory. It perfectly fulfilled my basic requirements.
The report spoke by itself when I show it to builders with an average of 100db over a one hour period with two peaks of 108db and 114db respectively, enough to cause damage to the ear drum. The noise stopped.
Just what I need
I am hard of hearing and am keen to avoid places where noise is likely to cause further hearing loss. I used this app very often but since updating to version 11 for iPhone all I got were meaningless squiggles. I wrote a review to this effect and quickly received a reply telling me how to effect a temporary fix whilst waiting for an updated version. The app is now working properly again and I cannot thank the developers enough for both the app and the service they provide. Brilliant! I am so pleased that I have paid to have adverts removed and to export data.
Developer Response ,
Hello, could you pls try temporarily changing the device's display zoom to "Standard" for the moment (in the Settings/Display & Brightness/Display Zoom)? We found that it could be very likely that issue. Please let us know again if that can temporarily solve the problem or not? We're submitting the new version to fix it already and it will be live within a couple of days. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Excellent app, easy to use
There's nothing much to say about this, other than it's the best sound level meter app for iOS...it's very easy to use, the design is great, and it seems to be very accurate. Great for home, office, or out in the field - keep an ear on your work environment to make sure it's not too loud, because that can seriously damage your hearing long-term.
- SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- 32.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 SkyPaw
- In-App Purchases
- PRO Upgrade £2.99
- ITU-R 468, A, B, C Weightings £1.99
- Remove Ads £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.