Decibel 10: Noise dBA Meter, FFT Spectrum Analyzer
By SkyPaw Co. Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Decibel 10" is one of very few noise/sound meter apps on the market having highly reliable and pre-calibrated measurements. It turns your iOS devices into a professional sound/noise meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? "Decibel 10th" will help you answer all those right now.
Most importantly, this app is FREE and we commit to regularly improve the tool to maintain its best accuracy and usability for everyone. If you like it or have suggestions, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.
WHAT MAKE IT GREAT AND STAND OUT FROM OTHER APPS:
- Tested and calibrated for most Apple devices. The precision is matching with top rated apps and real SPL devices
- Frequency weighting filters: A, B, C, Z
- Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
- WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
- FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
- InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.).
- Apple Watch support
- Support both Portrait and Landscape layout
OTHER GREAT FEATURES:
- Time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds) and FAST (200 milliseconds)
- Trimming calibration from -15dB to 15dB
- Standard measurement range from 30 to 130 dB(A)
- HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
- Real time scale level chart
- Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layout
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- Record and export the data (up to 24 hours) to email for further analysis
- "Keep Device Stay Awake" option for long duration recording
- Reset and clear all data at any time
- Tap on Max value to reset at any time
- Pause/Resume the tool at any time
- Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dB(A). The range 30-130 dB(A) is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dB(A).
- Although all devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. You will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming calibration until the reading matches with the reference.
What's New in Version 5.3.3
- Fix occasionally crashing bug
- Upgrade components
- Several minor fixes
Self explanatory app
I only needed to measure the decibels of extreme noise generated by some endless works being carried out next door which was driving me insane. I wanted to have something tangible to show when I was confronted with the usual mantra: "Well, we all have different perception of noise" I am not an expert, but I found this app clear, intuitive and self explanatory. It perfectly fulfilled my basic requirements.
The report spoke by itself when I show it to builders with an average of 100db over a one hour period with two peaks of 108db and 114db respectively, enough to cause damage to the ear drum. The noise stopped.
Does its job well
An easy to use app that I recommend - but the ads are a bit intrusive
Does a good job
Easy to use and reasonably accurate up to about 100Db, not doo site beyond that.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 03 August 2017
- Version: 5.3.3
- Size: 32.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- © SkyPaw
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PRO Upgrade£2.99
- A, B, C Frequency Weightings£1.99
- Remove Ads£0.99
- Extended Data Export£1.99