By SkyPaw Co. Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NEW: InstaDecibel to share your dB report overlaid on your photos via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and more!
Decibel 10th turns your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch into a professional sound meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be a great tool for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? Decibel 10th will help you answer all those right now.
Most importantly, this tool is absolutely FREE and we commit to keep the price. If you satisfy with it, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.
- Display the Average, Peak and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layout
- Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
- Plotted history of the Average values
- Record and export the data to email for further analysis
- Tap on Max value to reset it any time
- Adjustable sample rate, ranging from 4Hz to 20Hz
- Calibrate the measurements from -10dB to 10dB
- Enable/disable auto-lock screen
- Start or stop the tool at any time
- Beautiful, clean and intuitive design
- Retinal ready, just more beautiful on retina iPhone and iPad
- Universal binary, download once and it also runs beautifully both on iPad and iPhone
- The built-in microphone is only sensitive from 0 to approximately 100 decibels
- 2nd generation iPod Touch users do not have built-in microphone so in order to use the app, it is required to plug in an external microphone
- Even though we have tried our best to make the app as accurate as possible, this app is intended for entertainment purposes only
-- SPECIAL NOTE --
Decibel 10th is the 10th tool among many other professional tools in our app "Multi Measures - All in one measuring toolkit"
What's New in Version 4.1.1
- Add in-app purchase option to remove ad as many users requested
- Several minor improvements
Theatre Sound Volume
I used the App to show the excessive volume of the sound in a theatre and complained to the manager about the danger of damaging my hearing. I was given a pair of defenders to put into my ears, the same that were issued to the staff employed there. A commercial device used by the environmental health department costs hundreds of pounds.
This is accurate. Well done! Ps all those add complaints, uhh, there's only one ad at the beginning. Confused!! So it's great! My teacher puts it on the interactive white board during class and sets a limit of how high sound can go. Good idea right?!
Max level broke on latest version
Generally works as useful basic tool but latest version has a problem with calibration tool: it does not work. I have not tested the accuracy of the reading but I know it is 2db higher on iPhone than on the iPad for the same quiet situation.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 09 January 2015
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: SkyPaw Co. Ltd
- © SkyPaw
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- No Ads£0.79