Decloner helps you find and eliminate duplicate files on your Mac quickly and reliably.
• Compares files using Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA-1) for ultimate reliability
• Has simple straightforward user interface
• Scans across multiple folders, iPhoto and Aperture libraries
• Can quickly process large number of files
• Displays file information and supports QuickLook
• Saves scan results and restores them when reopened
• Automatically selects duplicate files for removal
• Never deletes files — places them in a staging area or tags as duplicate for your ultimate peace of mind
• Allows restoration of files from the staging area in case you change your mind
• Optionally replaces deleted duplicates with aliases of the remaining file
• Supports file exclusion lists
• Ignores files smaller than a user-defined size
• Ensures at least one copy of a file remains
If you find Decloner useful, a positive review is very much appreciated.
• Fixed crash when deleting files from iPhoto or Aperture
• Fixed truncated button titles on Yosemite
Ratings and Reviews
I have just used Decloner as part of a tidy up of my photo files. It worked reasonably quickly through nearly 7000 files, approx 80gb, identifying around 10% as duplicates. Two complaints:
1) the help file isn't working so I had to guess my way around the UI and missed the lock symbol that must be pressed before emptying the trash
2) some way of controlling which files are auto-selected would be helpful
Not updated to latest iPhoto/Aperture, crashes on startup, avoid!
Doesn't work with the latest iPhoto or Aperture. Crashy crash upon startup. Come back here, notice it's been 'updated' to work with versions quite a bit older.
Frankly, poor show for £6.99. If and when the devs get their fingers out and update this software, instead of leaving it for sale so that saps like me can fork out just for the crash experience, it gets one star. I'll review this as and when and if they make it work.
Useful application - could be a bit cheaper though.
Useful application for finding all those duplicates you might have hogging space. It doesn't get fooled by file names but looks at the actual contents to check if identical. Freed up 2GB quickly on my machine.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.