The No.1 downloaded fishfinder app with great features for planning fishing trips, this free app can be used with or without a deeper sonar
With the most downloads of any fishfinder app, Deeper is the best app for smart anglers. It works with or without a Deeper sonar and boasts great features for planning fishing trips and maximising your catch rate. Know when to fish, know where to fish, then measure depth, find your targets, reel them in, log your catches and share on social media. All in one app.
Features anyone can use:
Plan your next angling trip with the solunar calendar and weather forecasts.
Log every catch. Use the notes function to keep a detailed record of your best catches.
Map your trip. Download maps (which you can then use offline), then mark your favourite spots.
Share your catches with fellow anglers using the app’s in-built camera mode. Just snap that trophy catch and share on social media.
Discover Deeper. See how a fishfinder can revolutionise your fishing by running the sonar simulations.
Then take your smart angling to the next level by using the Deeper app together with a Deeper smart sonar (explore our product range at www.deepersonar.com). Combined with one of these fishfinders, the Deeper app turns your smartphone into a high-grade sonar display.
Get data to enhance your angling - depth, temperature, bottom structure, vegetation, fish location and more, all displayed live on your smartphone screen.
Take control of your sonar readings with fully adjustable sensitivity, adjustable fish and depth alarms, a range of display options and a choice of narrow or wide beam scanner.
Choose different modes for different types of angling. Use it as a fishfinder and sonar from the shore, as an ice flasher in ice fishing mode, or map out the waters you fish in boat mode.
Create bathymetric lake maps direct from the shore in onshore fishing mode (only with the PRO+ model) or with a Deeper sonar mounted to your boat or kayak (works with all models).
View and analyse your lake maps on your home computer using Lakebook – the Deeper Data Manager. Login at maps.deepersonar.com to see your maps and download raw mapping data.
Map and mark every ice fishing hole and store data from your Deeper sonar for every location in Ice Fishing mode.
Store all your angling data collected from your Deeper smart sonar with unlimited data storage in the app.
App Features that work without a Deeper Smart Sonar
* Free to download
* Solunar fishing activity calendar - view month / week / day / hour.
* Weather forecast - temp; wind; humidity; pressure; sunset / sunrise; moonset / moonrise.
* Fishing log - record GPS coordinates, time, and weather; add descriptions.
* Offline maps - download and use offline; mark and save your favourite spots.
* Camera mode with social media sharing – Facebook, Twitter, Google+.
App features with a Deeper Smart Sonar
* Live sonar data – depth, temperature, bottom structure, vegetation, fish location.
* Fully adjustable display – enable or disable depth alarms, fish alarms, fish depth display and fish icons; adjust brightness; choose classic, day, or night colour mode; change units (metric, imperial, fathoms).
* Manage sonar settings – adjust scanner sensitivity; choose frequency and scanner scope (290 kHz / °15 or 90 kHz / °55); use sleep icon to pause readings and preserve battery.
* NEW FEATURE: Lakebook – the Deeper Data Manager at maps.deepersonar.com. View and analyse all your lake maps, download raw data.
* Store data: unlimited data storage.
* Choose fishing mode: standard (shore angling), boat, ice fishing, onshore mapping, night fishing.
* GPS Ice Hole Marking – Map and mark every ice fishing hole. Save data for each location (works for all models).
* Bathymetric maps – Create bathymetric (depth contour) maps. By boat (use boat mode, works for all models), from the shore (use onshore mapping mode, works only with PRO+).
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
When it works, it works very well...
As per title, when it works it works really really well BUT most of the time it is extremely temperamental. Deeper Support claim that there is no hardware issues after looking at everything held under my server account. Has serious problems where depths suddenly change from very shallow to deep as have to use the different beam setting depending on depth - not good if water is like a flooded Himalayas range with drop offs etc! Same goes if water is quite silty as the beam can penetrate through the silt & give completely wrong depths - even worse if the substrate is not a solid item but a composite of smaller items like stones, gravel or sand.
Fish icons are a waste of time tbh as it is anyones guess to whether it a double figure carp or 5lb of small silvers shoaled up. may as well just drop the icons to get a better indication of what has been detected.
For what the Deeper Pro+ costs (& feel ripped off as spent another £50 or so on the Night cover & Smartphone Mount only to find that they are given away along with a Multi Tool) it should be doing a better job than what it actually does. Has massive potential & I have worked with technology development for 30+ years & would be ashamed to put out something like this!!!
Great app. Need some instructions for lake map
Use with Deeper Pro. Excellent for understanding floor of lakes. Could do with more instruction for using lake map - main issue is the speed of download from cloud when analysing. Would be good to have separate download for maps from phone. Let’s you work out features on lake floor. Would really like a button on the app to record a waymark the have a navigation arrow to go back there.
Reasonable app - but let down by a key features
A few things I'm disappointed with:
The playback is at one speed and having timed it, its about x24 speed with no way of adjusting it. Would like to see x1, x2, x4 etc like a lot of other apps. Alternatively you can scroll by hand but I think that's a bit clunky.
Photos - can't zoom in to a photo like you can with EVERY other app I've ever used!! (Maybe I should catch bigger fish 😝)
Instructions are a little unclear about fish size. I've only ever seen one fish icon size on the display but have caught fish between 1-10lbs. It says to get the actual fish size turn off the fish icon, when I do that it shows no fish at all even though there are lots there.
On the plus side it does show the river depth and makeup extremely accurately, allowing me to adjust bait depth to put the bait in front of the fish's mouth.
- UAB Friday Lab
- 127.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Deeper
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.