Dem Dx is a medical diagnostic app for iOS, used by medical students and professionals around the world in more than 170 countries. It guides users through symptoms to the most likely medical diagnosis and enables access to decades of clinical experience along the way.
Dem Dx gives you access to:
- 10,000+ Diagnostic Pathways
- 1500 Clinical Diagnoses
- 14 Clinical Specialties
- 500+ Medical Images
- Create Notes and Save Pathway Summaries
- Test your Knowledge with Diagnostic Quizzes
Dem Dx is used by a diverse array of users, from medical students and doctors in the field, to education publishers and even emergency practitioners:
- Improve medical knowledge and take a better quality patient history
- Perform more focused examinations
- Gain confidence when ordering investigations
- Become a better overall physician
More than 200 professors and medical consultants contribute to the knowledge behind Dem Dx. Additionally, the Dem Dx Team with the help of medical experts, continuously peer review medical information, to help improve both content quality and diagnostic outcomes.
Medical information from Dem Dx is trusted by thousands of doctors worldwide.
Here’s what people are saying about the app:
“My students have really enjoyed using Dem Dx and it has quickly become a powerful tool to support them in their medical learning goals.”
David Treacher, Associate Dean, Guy’s and St Thomas Hospital, London
“Very clear and easy to navigate. Covered not only common but also less known conditions”
Adeola Olaoke, Medical Student, Imperial College London
“Dem Dx is brilliant! So easy and intuitive to use! I can see how it will really help my
understanding when going through clinical cases with doctors.”
Penny Dash, Senior Nurse, Clinical Research, UCL Hospital, London
“Dem Dx is amazing! There is simply nothing like this out there - and the images are an added bonus. Definitely a must have when working on the hospital wards!”
-Dr Lisa Linpower, Junior Doctor, Homerton University Hospital, London
Dem Dx is completely free to download. The ability to make in-app purchases is currently turned off.
If this ability is enabled in future versions, the app will contain monthly recurring in-app subscriptions to access further content. (Monthly Recurring Subscription).
Additionally, Paid content may be accessed in the following way:
- If you decide to subscribe, you will be charged £3.99 (or international equivalent) per month, as shown in the app, each month.
- Your subscription will auto-renew until you choose to cancel it.
- After confirming a purchase, your iTunes Account will be charged.
- Your subscription automatically renews.
-Unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period, you will be charged for the next period.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
This version of Dem Dx has been updated for newer Apple devices including the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
We've made numerous improvements to the layout of the app as it appears on a range of devices, to ensure users can navigate through Pathways quickly and reliably every time.
We've also added a brand new chapter, Renal that has been developed by working closely with our medical content specialists.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect for medics and trainees alike
A very useful app for medics and trainees. So much information in there and lots of pictures and photos.
This app is just great! It is really easy and intuitive to use and has changed the way I approach diagnostic challenges (both in a clinical and learning environment). You have to download it today!
Game changer, definitely helping me in my revision, brilliant images and lay out makes it simple to use yet effective for learning. Highly recommend
- DEM DX Ltd
- 127.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Dem Dx Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Recurring Subscription £3.99
- Rheumatology Chapter £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.