Welcome to My5 the on demand video app that brings you your favourite shows from across the Channel 5 family, including Channel 5, 5STAR, 5USA, 5SELECT, 5Spike and the Paramount Network for free.
• Catch up on the Channel 5 shows you may have missed including longer availability windows of your favourites
• Live stream six of our channels: Channel 5, 5STAR, 5USA, 5SELECT, 5Spike and the Paramount Network
• Register to unlock box sets, premieres of brand new shows and My5 Exclusives
• Keep track of what you’ve watched and pick up where you left off
• Use Favourites to keep shows you love in one place
• Supports Google Chromecast – stream all your favourite My5 shows to your TV
• The best content from some of our partner channels each month, including BLAZE, BET, PBS America, Together, Real Stories and Spark.
- The app is restricted to use within the UK
- You are not permitted to enable AirPlay
- You will need iOS version 9+, and we support iPhone 4S+ and iPad 2+
- You may incur additional costs for streaming video over mobile networks
- Rights restrictions mean that not all shows can be made available
- Some features require you to register for a free My5 account
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Ok, but quite a couple of bugs
So, to begin, the app itself is good, plenty to watch and catch up on, however, there is a few bugs. Number 1; the in app video player will from time to time (3 times at least in a single episode) put subtitles on without request, you then have to activate and deactivate them if you want to get rid of them. Number 2; 50% of the time when it cuts to an advert, you get a “video playback error” meaning you have to try and start the programme again, which is sometimes unsuccessful. Number 3; there is no “play next episode” feature, so to get the the next episode you have to go back the the programme page and find the episode you want. Number 4; there is no “carry on watching” feature, meaning that when you want to carry on a programme you paused midway to come back another time, you have to start a new search for the programme again and this can be time consuming when you just want to watch your favourite programme. Other than that, it’s pretty good, just needs an update fixing these issues!
Yes it’s free and so except ads, but the amount and frequency of them is crazy annoying. While the app itself works fine, far no connection issues it’s frustrating. The most frustrating thing about this app is the adverts and that you have to sit through so many of them. Between 7-8 of them before you begin to watch your program then maybe every 5 minutes or so depending on the length of your chosen show, another 7-8 of them. Around 30 seconds each. And you can’t skip. Yes once again it’s a free app and so they gotta make money some how but surely they make enough through TV ad revenue 🤔?
There is no continue to arching option so if you get half way through something and need to watch the rest later you then have to search for the correct program/episode and then sit through all the ads again before you can then scroll to where you were but then you will need to watch another lot ads. Maybe if you sign in or create an account you might be able to continue where you left off. I personally don’t want to sign up to yet another thing to end up with endless irrelevant emails.
A long time has passed and small but not enough improvement
I can see small improvements over time like you are trying but still, by comparison to other free similar apps you fall short and I’m not sure why? You must get more income than any others as you repeatedly play they same adverts over and over, one cannot halt watching a programme without having to go, for the most back to the beginning, it is very antiquated by comparison, you have some good shows but so often half way through an error comes up.
Is it that you refuse to hire staff equipped with the knowledge or do not invest the money your advertisers pay to get your system up to date or inline with basic functions other tv apps provide. It really is the worst tv app, still. I’m not sure why due to the revenue you must accrue, lining pockets it would seem. I do not frequent this app due to the fact that despite its attempts to improve it moves little in the forward direction. Why when the others are so good?
- Channel 5 Broadcasting Ltd
- 52.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity
- © Channel 5 Broadcasting Limited 2018
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.