A powerful yet simple UK train app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. Instantly check the trains departing from your local station. Supports Apple Watch and watchOS 2. Accessible from everywhere using the Today view widget.
Departure Board is a simple application that displays the information found on rail departure board signs across the UK. When launched, Departure Board will use your location to find that station nearest to you and it will instantly load the rail departure board for it. Departure Board will display the time and platform that the train is due to depart from.
Departure Board also allows you to see where each train currently is, where it has called and at what time. You can even share the train you are getting right from the application.
- Instant departure board for your nearest station.
- Details of each trains journey progress.
- Filter by calling points.*
- Show arrival board.
- Show arrival time at destination*
- Show earlier trains.*
- Favourite your most freqently used boards.*
- Automatically load a favourite board on launch when you are nearby. Also, in Glance, Watch App and Widget.*
- Handoff Support (transfer sessions between iOS devices and from Apple Watch).
- iPad Split View and Slide Over support
- Spotlight Indexing of all stations and favourites.
- Apple Watch Support.*
- iOS Today Widget - access your departure boards from anywhere in iOS.*
- URL Scheme Support - launch the application directly to a specific train station with optional calling point filter.*
*In-app purchase required. Free trial included.
- Fixed issue with stations locating on Watch
Ratings and Reviews
Convenient and accessible
I am a frequent train traveller, and this app is extremely useful to me. Sometimes, I just need to know when my train is leaving, and from which platform. Departure Board gives this information by automatically loading the departures for the nearest station.
The app, since the latest version, also works extremely well with Voice Over, making it a great choice for blind and visually impaired iOS users. The developer is extremely receptive to suggestions and feedback, be they accessibility-related or otherwise.
I highly recommend to at least give the free trial a go.
Genius features with great watch integration. My only wish is the watch app would pick the closest station and departure board by time as well as location.
I take a connecting train twice a day, and it sometimes picks the wrong favourite (trains from station a to b, not trains from station a to c) when I just want to see the trains for the middle station to the other favourite (home or work station).
Other than that, the app is leaps and bounds above all competitors!
I am a little confused by this request, can you expand on what you mean?
Lost at sea no longer !
Great to see that, after 6 months of waiting, my local station, Oxford Parkway, is finally being shown as north of Oxford - and not in the North Sea ! So, the app now correctly shows it as my nearest station and the widget now works ... Thank you !
- Daniel Breslan
- 5.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Daniel Breslan 2015-2016
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Premium Features £4.99
- Tip £0.99
- Large Tip £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.