Desktop Aquarium 3D LIVE Wallpaper & ScreenSaver
By Useless Creations Pty Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME! **
The original and the best Desktop Aquarium!
** v1.9 adds:
* MINI GREAT WHITE SHARKS FOR YOUR AQUARIUM!
* SCREEN SAVER MODE!
Watch as your monitor fills with water and real 3D fish begin to swim around your desktop, behind your icons and windows!
- Screen Saver option lets the aquarium appear as a screen saver when you're system is idle. (This won't interfere with your system's screen saver or sleep settings. For best results, disable your system screen saver.)
- Real time 3D fish that don't just swim back and forth, but towards you and away from you, up and down. Like real fish!
- Uses realistic 3D fish models, not just flat 2D images like other aquarium apps or screen savers do! Their eyes even move!
- Dymanic underwater lighting. So if the surface of the water ripples, so does the refracted light!
- You can select the background you want! From your wallpaper or a random image. Any image can come alive with your fish!
- Now with over 20 different realistic 3D fish species! And remember, in virtual water you can mix fresh water with salt water fish!
- Feedback is always welcome! If this isn't the best 3D aquarium there is, then let us know how you think it can be improved by emailing us from the website!
What's New in Version 1.9
* MINI GREAT WHITE SHARKS ADDED!!
* SCREEN SAVER MODE ADDED!!
Many bug fixes and updated for Mountain Lion.
Doesn't load if you try and run it from launchpad, but works if you run it from the applications folder.
Instead of showing my wallpaper as the background, it shows a white background. But the "load random background" option seems to work fine.
(I'm using Mountain lion 10.8.2, 2011 mac mini 2.7GHz i7, 8GB RAM).
Paying for the Full version
The app is nice i would have given it 5 stars but there is no option to purchase the full app on the apple store. Please make it avalible on the app store and not from another site. Thanks
Doesn't even load
Used to be a big fan of Useless Creations. What's going on!
Mountain Lion on 13" MBP (16GB, Core i7) and 11" Air (8GB, Core i7), both fail to load and just sit on the dock, bounce with Application not responding.
Huge FAIL rather than update.