Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Chosen as Game of the Year in the "Mac App Store Best of 2012" selection.
At the edge of humanity, there’s nothing to stop you falling.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
When former SWAT commander Adam Jensen is forced to undergo cybernetic augmentation, he discovers that the boundary between man and machine is a point of no return. Uncover the truth behind a global conspiracy in a first-person role-playing game where you must combine combat, stealth, hacking and social interaction to determine the course of human evolution.
In a world where amoral corporations market biomechanical modifications and those who protest against them are silenced, only those who adapt survive. Discover the true potential of your augmentations and manipulate Adam’s body into your perfect machine.
• Discover what led to the events of the groundbreaking Deus Ex in this visionary prequel, set 25 years before the original game.
• Experience truly open-ended gameplay in a world where your every choice has a lasting consequence.
• Unlock and upgrade augmentations to Adam’s limbs, eyes, brain, skin and lungs as you develop his body to suit your playing style.
• Wield the power of robotic limbs to perform brutal takedowns on your foes.
• Become invisible, move silently and see through walls as you use stealth upgrades to sneak past deadly troops and penetrate forbidden zones.
• Hack into security systems to read e-mails, disable surveillance cameras and unlock doors to hidden areas.
• Make friends and influence people! Become a master of persuasion and convince intriguing characters to give you information and behave as you want them to.
• Immerse yourself in strikingly inventive futuristic visions of Detroit and Shanghai, where cyberpunk sensibility meets Renaissance aesthetic. Explore every corner of these cities to uncover hundreds of secrets.
• Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition contains The Missing Link DLC and the Explosive Mission and Tactical Enhancement expansion packs.
• The game also contains a 44-minute "making-of" documentary, a 40-page book of design and concept art, motion comic, a soundtrack composed by Michael McCann and three trailers.
Important information regarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0 GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 17GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 320M, Intel HD3000, Intel HD4000 and Intel GMA series.
• You can find out more about the game on the Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/deusexhr
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION © 2010-2014 Square Enix Ltd. DEUS EX, the DEUS EX logo, EIDOS, the EIDOS logo and the EIDOS MONTREAL logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. Mac, the Mac logo, Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries, used with permission. Published by Feral Interactive Ltd. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Fixes an audio track issue that was affecting the final video of the game.
• Fixes an issue that was affecting the right-click function on trackpads.
• Improves support for third-party mice, keyboards and graphics tablets.
The open-ended gameplay that marks the Deus Ex series returns in strength with this addition, but if anything the advances in AI here and elsewhere make some of the design choices seem positively archaic. Guards patrol strict routes with no variation, even down to when they swat flies away - fine for gameplay, but hardly realistic. The fact they so quickly forget dead comrades before returning to their routine is equally jarring - you would really think they would call in reinforcements, remove the body etc., for hours on end, not a couple of minutes.
Still, if you forget these issues the gameplay is fine, perhaps a little less exposition wold have been nice (the story is hardly earth shattering) but it certainly has moments of satisfaction when you successfully navigate an area without being spotted. Can’t say I’m happy about the villain being English (with an awful accent), which is a racial cliche American game designers need to move on from, so I’m docking one mark for that alone; from a purely gameplay point of view it’s probably worth a 3/5.
I really love this game, HOWEVER...
this game is brilliant. theres no doubt about that. the design, the music, the controls, it all plays out excellently. The problems occur for me with actually opening and running the game. ive had to strip the settings all the way down to barely anything, which isnt a bother as graphics arent everything, but another issue is that depending on whether i have my computer set up in the front room or my personal room dictates whether the game works or not. my front room TV hooked up via hdmi wont even allow the game to open. yet i can run it on my hdmi pc monitor which runs at the exact same resolution. this is highly reustrating for me. ive starred the game according to how much i love playing it when i can ACTUALLY get it open. -1* for incorrectly working, or glitchy. when i open the game it tells me there is a problem with my particular mac mini and the game compatibility wise.
computer specs: (2013 mac mini)
• 2.6GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
• 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x8GB
• 1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
NOT A GREAT GAME AT ALL!
Having read the reviews I decided to purchase this game. Its a great storyline but fails in the game play. All you do is sneak around over and over and over and over again. After hours of playing I still cant figure out how the inventory works. I have a bar of weapons but scrolling to choose one is a nightmare - it takes about ten goes to get the right one. Clicking on options multiple times before they respond. I have ammo but cant get it on to my guns. I have spent more time trying figure out how it all works than I have playing it. I have it on the lowest resolution but it’s still a bit clunky. All of this adds up to frustrating gameplay. Dissapointed and glad I didnt pay full price.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 05 May 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 16.66 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: Feral Interactive Ltd
- DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION © 2010-2014 Square Enix Ltd. Developed and Published for the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later