By Dictionary.com, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com app is designed and optimized for your mobile device.
Works offline! Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever you need them.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
- Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Content Collections Carousel includes Word Trends, Grammar Tips, , Slideshows, and Word of the Day
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Word origin and history - discover etymology on even the strangest words
- Favorite words and search history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling help - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Local look-ups - take a look at the words searched by location
- Learner’s Dictionary - includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming and Slang Dictionaries
- Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Premium App.
What's New in Version 7.4.5
Too many full screen ads
I used to really like this app , and was happy to put up with the banner ads at the bottom of the screen. Now there are so many full screen ads it is just annoying. I know I can pay for the premium version to get rid of the ads. But I don’t want and have no need for all the other extras. Why not have tiered options so I could pay a smaller fee just to get rid off the ads?
Excellent except for .....
Excellent app until they recently put in place an Asda advertisement that cuts in and blares load of rubbish at you. Makes you want to never shop at Asda as it’s so annoying. Someone has got their marketing strategy totally wrong!
Really user friendly. I have it open on my phone all the time and am able to find what I need really quickly
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 13 October 2017
- Version: 7.4.5
- Size: 109 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Dictionary.com, LLC
- © Dictionary.com, LLC 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Example Sentences Upgrade£2.99
- Remove Ads Upgrade£1.99
- Encyclopedia upgrade£2.99
- Grammar & Tips Upgrade£1.99
- Offline Database + No Ads Bundle £2.99
- 100 Voice to Text Searches£3.99
- Rhyming Dictionary Upgrade£1.99
- Medical Dictionary Upgrade£2.99
- Idioms & Phrases Upgrade£1.99
- Power Pack Upgrade£5.99