Dictionary.com’s Pro app now includes ALL of our content and Upgrades (over 3,400,000 fun and helpful entries) for just one low price. It’s also ad-free!
Download the essential and most comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com app is designed and optimized for your mobile device.
Works offline! Install the free offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever you need them.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
- Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Content Collections Carousel includes Word Trends, Grammar Tips, Slideshows, and Word of the Day
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Word origin and history - discover etymology on even the strangest words
- Favorite words and search history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling help - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Local look-ups - take a look at the words searched by location
- Learner’s Dictionary - includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
- Word of the Day push notifications improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Why do you need to collect information such as
Information collected automatically: When you use the Services, we automatically collect and store information about your computer or mobile device and your activities. This information includes:
Your computer's IP address
Technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system)
Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.)
Unique device identifiers
Your mobile device's geographic location (specific GPS location if you've enabled collection of such information, or general geographic location automatically)
The URL of the last web page you visited before coming to one of our sites and the URL you visit after leaving
The words you have looked up and results you selected
The ads you clicked on
How long you used the Services and which features you used
The online or offline status of your App
Which is stated in you T&C......
I have tried a few dictionaries and found this app to be amongst the best. Mainly due to the search tool and it's availability off line. Often I know a word but cannot spell it correctly. The app offers up many "sounds like" results and more often than not I will find the word that I am looking for.
Superb & easy
Never feel lost for words again as this app doesn’t just cover spelling but gives meaning, used the word in a sentence, for context, plus it has a thesaurus in it too. Of all the apps i own this is the most used and practical.
- Dictionary.com, LLC
- 104.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Dictionary.com, LLC 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Encyclopedia upgrade Free
- Translator Upgrade Free
- Medical Dictionary Upgrade Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.