By Panic, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE INCREDIBLE, POWERFUL TEXT EDITOR YOU CAN TAKE WITH YOU.
Includes Panic Sync, our secure, super sync service — for FREE.
THE SHORT VERSION:
• A stunningly full-featured text editor
• Works on both the iPhone or iPad
• Editor features Clips, Find & Replace (with placeholder!), Context Keys, Super Loupe, much more.
• Local or Remote file management
• Remote protocols include FTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, DreamObjects, and FTP (Plain, TLS, SSL) support
• Air Preview for use with Coda for Mac
• SSH Terminal
• Much more!
THE LONG VERSION:
Coda for iOS is a text editor, with syntax highlighting, clips, find replace, the works. But it also has a full file manager, allowing you to work with files locally or remotely. It has a cool keyboard with context keys and an amazing super loupe to set your cursor. It manages 'sites' so you can quickly get to work, and it'll even sync those sites. It'll preview your pages, of course. And we've also thrown in a full-featured SSH terminal. It's an incredible app.
SITES. The foundation of Coda iOS: create a site for each of your projects, local or remote, and quickly get to the files you need to edit. Better still, use our free Panic Sync service to sync these sites with Coda Mac and Transmit iOS, securely and quickly.
FILES. We've been building file managers for a really long time — we've got this. Local, remote, or any mix of the two. Edit, rename, duplicate, create folders, upload, download, you name it, you got it.
EDITING. Tap a file to land in our highly-optimized text editor, which syntax highlights your code with ease. Now, try this: move the insertion point. Whoa. That's the Super Loupe, magnifying magic we think is the best way to precisely set your cursor. And only Coda iOS has it.
CLIPS. Have a handful of code bits you re-use a lot? Tap the clips icon in Coda iOS, and load them in. Now you can insert them with a single tap.
FIND / REPLACE. Let’s say you accidentally inverted the values of your width and height tags. With our find and replace banner — and its breakthrough wildcard button — you can easily replace or swap or re-arrange your text.
TERMINAL. Really? Like, a full-featured SSH client built-in? Sure! Not only is it great value for your money, but it's also great help to getting your work done. Connect to your sites with a tap, and get the full-featured spot-on emulation of Prompt.
TABS. Quickly switch between your open documents. I know, it's obvious. But still.
CONTEXT KEYS. We've added a special section to your iOS keyboard that gives you the most useful, helpful special characters, automatically. It takes a lot of the pain out of writing code on a piece of glass.
AIR PREVIEW. A really special thing. Paired with Coda 2 for Mac, Coda iOS can act as a dedicated "preview screen", showing you a preview of what you're coding on the desktop — as you code. It's a great use for an iPad that's just sitting around, being lonely.
We've put a desktop-class amount of work into Coda iOS. It's truly a pro app. But, it's not hard to learn. And most amazingly, you're getting an incredible amount of power at a killer price. Buy it today!
What's New in Version 2.2.2
Some nice fixes in 2.2.2:
- Crash fixes and improved stability
- 'Save Before Closing' alert is now displayed properly on iPhone 6 Plus in landscape orientation.
- Resolved an issue with accessing the File Manager through the Playground.
And, if you're new around here, a quick recap of everything we added in Coda 2.2:
• ECDSA is now supported for both server and client authentication (265, 384 and 521 bits)
• Generate 256-, 384-, and 521- bit ECDSA keys right in Coda
• Six digit passcodes can now be used to secure the app
• When host keys are updated to support ECDSA, the alert will specify why
• Removed support for DSA key generation (they can still be used, however)
• Improved SSH key management: Passphrases are now associated directly with keys themselves. No more entering passphrases for every server!
• Document syntax highlighting is faster and more accurate
• A default Syntax Mode for new documents can now be specified in Settings
• Bracket auto-insertion and matching is now more intelligent
• Editor auto-scroll works more reliably when using an external keyboard
• The search settings view can now be properly dismissed on iPhone
• The HTML comment button is no longer truncated on iPhone 4s, 5, and 5s
• Line numbers no longer shift by one while the document is being scrolled
• The autocomplete popover no longer obscures the current line in certain cases on iPhone
• The Super Loupe now properly displays on iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
• Terminal now properly sends all standard Control- key commands to the session
• Resolved an issue preventing some SSH connections using 2FA verification codes
• Resolved an issue preventing some SSH connections using keys with passphrases
• Terminal connections now properly show host key alerts for all cases
• Terminal authentication failures now fail more quickly
• The Keep Display On option in the Terminal now works properly
• A crash related to syntax highlighting (particularly CSS, Python, and PHP) has been resolved
• A crash when spell checking long documents has been resolved
• A crash when commenting text has been resolved
• A crash when deleting whole words up to a quote character has been resolved
• Improved accuracy of permissions related transfer errors
• Resolved an issue where the second step of passcode creation could be bypassed
• Site thumbnail generation is now far less aggressive, especially when the server returns an error
• The file browser now properly updates file sizes in certain edge cases
• Changing file transfer conflict resolution settings now takes effect without restarting
• Remote, empty hidden files can now be created properly
• Changing a server to use any remote protocol other than SFTP now properly switches to password auth
• Switching the group for a site in its edit view now properly updates the group row
• The port field of the site's terminal edit view now auto-populates from the SFTP remote details
Updating a website from my iPhone!
I've been using Coda to update my website from my iPhone and have to say I'm pretty impressed.
There are obvious constraints of working in such a small device but despite this Coda has a powerful set of tools.
My only real complaint is that it can be unclear that whether you're working on a remote or a local file. I found myself editing the remote copy directly.
Overall, I'm really happy - keep up the great work!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 06 June 2016
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 30.5 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Developer: Panic, Inc.
- © 2015 Panic Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.