Divvy - Window Manager
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
‣ Divvy works on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks.
‣ Find instructions here: http://d.pr/GuuG
Managing windows can be frustrating, requiring precision control of your mouse or trackpad for clicking, dragging, pushing and pulling your windows to the size and position you desire. Even with all this work, it’s very difficult to get windows exactly where you want them, so most of the time windows are left scattered all over the screen.
Divvy, a solution for both Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows, is an entirely new way of managing your windows. It allows you to quickly and efficiently "divvy up" your screen into exact portions. This lets you take maximum advantage of your screen real estate without any hassle at all. Window management has never been this easy.
With Divvy, it’s as simple as a single click and drag in the Divvy interface and your window will be resized and moved to a relative portion of the screen. If that seems like too much work, you can go ahead and create as many different shortcuts as you'd like that resize and move your windows.
Divvy is designed to be quick, simple and elegant, staying out of your way as much as possible while providing the most powerful window management available today.
• Resize your windows with the innovative Divvy grid
• Customizable grid size (from 1x1 up to 20x20)
• Works with multiple monitors
• Unlimited user-customizable keyboard shortcuts
• Access Divvy from anywhere using a configurable global hotkey
What's New in Version 1.3.8
• Fixed panel sometimes showing but being unclickable.
• Fixed cycling issues on 3+ monitors.
• Fixed AppStore version not seeing settings from Demo version.
• Fixed CrashReporter asking for access to AddressBook.
• Fixed long app names truncating poorly.
• Changed shortcuts to no longer require a name.
I forget how brilliant this little utility is until I work at a computer without it installed. I use it so often and the hotkey options make it an absolute snap to neaten my desktop for an organised work environment. The price is steep but I haven’t regretted buying this app one bit.
This does exactly what it says on the tin, easy to use and really handy for moving windows to exactly where you want them - particularly if you are on a single screen and struggling for real estate. Recommended!
I’ve been using Divvy for years and I’ve never encountered a single issue, nor crash. Works exactly as advertised, use it daily, incredibly useful.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 31 January 2014
- Version: 1.3.8
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Mizage, LLC
- © 2010-2014 Mizage, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later