Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 - the next generation of the world's best-selling DJ app and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
• “Got a hidden scratch master inside of you? djay will serve beginners and experts.” — The New York Times
• “If you're serious about your party playlist, download Algoriddim's djay.” — The Wall Street Journal
• "djay 2 will blow your mind. And your ears. And your eyes." — iMore
• “One of the most impressive music apps we’ve seen for the iPad to date.” — Engadget
• "Yes, this is the future, and it's here now! This truly is the next step in Digital DJing.” — DJ Mag
djay transforms your iPad into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your iTunes music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad.
• iTunes music library integration
• Spotify integration (requires Spotify Premium and internet connection, FREE 7 day trial is available for djay 2 users)
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• FX Expansion Packs powered by Sugar Bytes (over 30 additional audio effects available via In-App Purchase)
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Live Recording (iTunes only)
• Sampler with included sound packs by Snoop Dogg, DJ QBert, Milk & Sugar, and more
• Single Deck Mode
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable or multi-channel audio interface)
• Advanced time-stretching (Key Lock)
• Key Detection and Matching (requires iPad Air or iPad mini with Retina display, or better)
• Automatic beat detection
• iCloud integration to sync metadata
• iTunes Store integration
• Support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus (iTunes only)
• Support for all major audio formats (no support for DRM protected songs)
• Support for AirPlay and Bluetooth devices
• Support for DJ MIDI Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO, DDJ-WeGO2, DDJ-WeGO3, DDJ-ERGO, Vestax Spin 2, Numark iDJ Pro, Mixdeck Quad, iDJ Live, iDJ Live II, ION iDJ 2 Go, Reloop Beatpad, Casio XW-J1, Philips M1X-DJ
• Fixed user interface layout for the newest iOS devices
• Various bug fixes and improvements
Thank you for using djay. Please support us by rating the app with every update. We are looking forward to your feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
It’s ok I guess.
Nice app with some good features.
I did spot some things that really put me off though.
As an example, cue points... you only seem to be able to place them on the beat and not exactly where you want them. That and the fact you only have 3 means the difference between the app being too restricted for serious use.
This is fine for killing time on a train journey etc but not really something you would use professionally.
That said, I did buy the effects pack and really liked the selection. I’d have liked to try the app with a controller attached but there didn’t seem to be a mapping for my numark NV.
Not as good as it was
This is a hugely frustrating app. I use it with the Numark iDJ pro.
It’s not worked properly for quite some time, where before it was fantastic. It consistently crashes, and usually mid performance. It’s not the hardware that’s at fault as it does it on everything.
Reading support forums it seems to be a very common problem for many people but doesn’t seem to acknowledged bu Algoriddim. This isn’t good enough as it’s a paid for app that I use to perform. It crashes after about an hour. The feedback appears to suggest that a rollback to an earlier version may fix it, but that shouldn’t be necessary
Problems with the speed
I’ve absolutely loved this APP it’s been a saviour for me at many bored rainy days, however recently during a mix the song I’m mixing in starts to slow down and speed up which obviously sounds very messy, also if you set a key point and hit it the song will either start fast and slow down or visa versa. Please sort this guys cause I believe my 2 star rating feels unfair but with these two issue the app is useless, can’t have this happening live! I’ve emailed for help , but no help as yet months later
In-App PurchasesSee All
- algoriddim GmbH
- 132.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2006-2018 algoriddim GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Complete FX Pack Collection £9.99
- Resonate FX Pack £3.99
- Gold Skin £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.