Scan documents to produce sharp images, draw lines, enter texts, fill forms, and sign.
Share as PDF / JPEG by email, WiFi file sharing, cloud storages, webdav, and fax.
DocScan lets you instantly scan multi-pages document and send out when there is no scanner nearby. By having it, you can scan not only documents in sight, but also whiteboards, receipts, business cards, posters, coupons, books ...etc.
It can fast auto-detect document edges from a picture, correct perspective distortion, remove shadows and brighten it up to produce a clear and sharp document, especially useful in a Low-Light environment.
You can enter texts to fill forms, draw lines, annotate, or sign on the scanned image anytime.
When you have a long list of documents, it is easy to search documents by name and use folders for organizing documents: create, delete, rename, and move documents between folders. You can also use password to protect documents in a folder from unauthorized view.
In-app fax sending and receiving is convenient especially when you are out of office or have no fax machine at all.
You will receive a push notification when a fax is sent or received succesffuly or failed for what reason.
Each PDF file can be accessed directly from iTunes or WiFi file sharing by tapping on the "Generate PDFs" button or the "WiFi file sharing" button in the settings screen. You can also email documents out as PDF or JPEG files.
Other ways to export documents:
- Fax documents to over 100 countries instantly (cost calculated by the number of pages and recipient country and paid via in-app purchase).
- Print documents via AirPrint.
- Save documents to Photo Albums.
- "Open In" Other Apps, i.e. iBooks, Kindle, …etc.
More options to export documents in Pro version:
- Support upload to iCloud Drive.
- Support export to Dropbox.
- Support export to Evernote.
- Support export to Box.
- Support export to OneDrive.
- Support export to Google Drive with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) option.
- Support export to WebDAV Server.
- Import JPEG from other apps as image source to crop, perspective correction, and image enhancement.
- Import PDF from other apps as scanned pages.
Backup and Restore documents: (paid function via in-app purchase)
- Backup your documents safely to Mac / PC. Whenever you buy a new phone or lose access to your old one, you will still be able to restore them.
- Restore deleted documents manually. It is very useful especially when you accidently delete important documents.
- Restore to any date like a time machine. You can keep multiple backups on different dates.
Receive faxes: (non auto renew subscription)
Support dozones of countries (we kept adding more) for users to subscribe a fax number for receiving faxes.
Tip: For best edge detection, please place your documents in high contrast to the background, i.e. put your white paper on a dark table.
Your feedbacks are very important to us.
Please contact DocScan customer service at email@example.com for resolving problems before submitting feedback in appstore. Most problems can be solved easily, but we cannot help you solve problems from the comments.
Fix bugs and improve app stability
Ratings and Reviews
I have tried various scanning apps as I sometimes need to scan a document while away from my PC. I can confirm that this is definitely the best of the bunch.
UPDATE: There is no scanner in the App Store that is better than this one.
UPDATE: I have just tried two more scanners, then deleted them. DocScan is still my No.1 favourite.
Excellent for scanning any kind of document
I often need to scan receipts and other documents when on the road, and this app is excellent for doing so. Especially useful is the ability to crop and resize documents.
I’ve had it for a considerable time and would not be without it.
Great app with excellent support
I have used this app for a long time, and been very happy with it. When I had a problem using the auto page recognition I got a quick response from the developer which was clear and very helpful.
Developer Response ,
If you put a “white” document in a dark background or a “dark” document in a white background, and keep the background clean as possible with only the target document in the camera screen, it will detect very well and the orange overlay should be stable.
Otherwise, you still can take a picture and then tap on the rectify button to adjust the corners no matter what the app detected.
If you really want to turn off the new auto detect function, you can tap on the On/Off button in the top left corner in the camera screen.
- IFUNPLAY CO., LTD.
- 114.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 IFUNPLAY CO,. LTD.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to DocScan Pro £4.99
- Fax Pack 1 £0.99
- Fax Pack 2 £1.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.