Accessible gem matching puzzle game --- easy to pick up and play for all casual gamers, with a brand new saga in the life of the Doctor! From 8 to 80, Doctor Who: Legacy is suitable for puzzle game fans of all ages!
One of the top 50 iPhone / iPad games of the year!!! http://tinyurl.com/qaq5adq (TheGuardian.com) “The latest Doctor Who game was instantly familiar to anyone
who's played Puzzle & Dragons – one of the few mobile games to be making as much money as Candy Crush Saga. It sees you swapping colourful orbs around to attack
monsters while building a team of the Doctor and his companions.”
• Gameskinny.com: 10/10 "This game is truly a massive achievement for Doctor Who games, as well as for how to do the "free-to-play" model correctly."
• Gallifrey Times: 9/10 “essentially a big sand pit to muck around with your favourite Who characters from your favourite episodes in clever and enjoyable puzzles”
• “And without an energy system restricting how many missions you can play in one sitting...Doctor Who: Legacy stands out as one of the more moral free-to-play games when it comes to how it treats its players.”- Digital Spy.com
• "…you will be pleasantly surprised to find a genuine gem of a game that isn’t out to fleece gamers but to please every Doctor Who fan." - Doctorwhotv.co.uk
• “Featuring fun gameplay, excellent visuals and a musical score composed by the acclaimed Chris Huelsbeck, you do not want to miss out on this very special release.” - Kasterborous.com
Team up with your favourite Doctor and head back through time - revisit your favourite episodes from the TV series and build a team of your favourite companions and allies including Clara, Rory, Amy, River, Sarah Jane, K-9 and dozens more, each of which has their own abilities to help you solve the infinite number of puzzles you’ll face.
Face the Doctor’s greatest enemies! Crush Daleks, destroy Weeping Angels use puzzles and abilities to take down The Silence, Headless Monks, Peg Dolls, Spoonheads and
many more in this brand new Doctor Who saga!
* bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Brilliant Game sadly coming to an end
When this app was first launched 5 years ago I played it like an addiction. I’m an avid Doctor Who fan so I was very happy to get a game like this.
The gameplay itself is fairly simple and while it will take a very long time to complete all of the levels the game prevents it from getting boring by adding all sorts of elements and enemies as you progress.
Not only does it include all of the Doctors pre-Series 11, it also has almost all of the companions from the TV series, countless side characters from individual episodes or story arcs and even some companions from the comic book and Big Finish audio mediums. Whether you’re a casual fan or someone who collects everything Doctor Who related this game will probably have all of your favourite characters and you can easily play them in a single team if that is what you wish.
The game does take a long time to load but if you’re patient enough that won’t be a problem once you get to the gameplay.
Sadly the producers of the game announced that they’d be shutting it down in two weeks today. It won’t be in the App Store after they remove it so if you want it and would like to keep it I suggest you download it now and keep it on your devices. You’ll get the latest updated version if you do.
In my opinion, one of if not the best Doctor Who game ever made. Very sad that it’s coming to an end.
Fun, simple, be patient.
Doctor Who Legacy is a fun, simple game to pass the time. But from reading some of the reviews some people are being impatient when first installing.
When you install the game, it won’t take long however once the app launches it’ll download game data, this doesn’t take long at all, maybe a couple minutes or less. Then it’ll “synchronise cloud data”, which can take maybe 3-5 minutes, maybe longer on an older device but seriously be patient the game isn’t broken it’s just creating and downloading any previous saved games if you’ve played before and are reinstalling.
Be patient!!! :)
My game reset
I normally love this game. I hadn't played it in a few months but when I played it today all of my teams and people I spent ages upgrading etc have gone and my game is starting from the beginning with basic 3 companions and basic latest doctor! So not happy! I had great teams , few doctors and more companions and got far in game and now I have to start again!!!!
- Tiny Rebel Games LLC
- 359.4 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014 BBC Worldwide Limited and Tiny Rebel Games LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.