Office anywhere with Docs To Go: View, edit, and create Microsoft® Office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint*) & view Adobe PDF® files on your iOS device with the original & #1 selling mobile MS Office suite of all time.
Documents To Go® Standard contains best-in-class document viewing & editing. Options for connecting to multiple cloud storage accounts, desktop file sync, and opening password-protected files are available via in-app purchase.
THE DATAVIZ® ADVANTAGE
• Founded in 1984, DataViz is an industry leader in developing mobile Office & productivity solutions for iOS, Mac, and more.
• Documents To Go, now in its 15th year, is currently preloaded on millions of devices around the world.
• InTact Technology™ retains original document formatting of edited files.
• Technical support is available via email by actual people in our home office & via our robust knowledgebase at DataViz.com.
OVERALL STANDARD VERSION FEATURES:
• Works on both iPhone and iPad
• View, edit, and create MS Office files (97-2015).
• View PDF, iWork, Text, .RTF files, and more!
• Send & receive supported email attachments using the built-in Mail app.
• Open & edit supported files within Docs To Go from any 3rd party app that supports the iOS "Open In" feature.
• File sorting manager (sort your file list by Name, Modified, Size, etc.)
• Supports iTunes File Sharing via USB cable for manually moving files.
WORD TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Word (.doc, .docx) files
• Format font type, size, color, bold, italics, underline, and highlight text
• High fidelity viewing for embedded graphics, tables, comments, footnotes/endnotes, text boxes, table of contents, and hyperlinks
• Change paragraph alignment
• Edit and/or insert bullets and numbering
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find & replace
• Word count
SHEET TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Excel (.xls, .xlsx) spreadsheets
• Freeze panes
• Extensive cell & number formatting options, including: font type, size, color, alignment, fill, highlight, category, and decimal place)
• 111 functions supported
• Insert, delete, resize, hide/unhide rows & columns
• Rename, insert, and delete worksheets
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find/find next
SLIDESHOW TO GO FEATURES:
• In-slide PowerPoint editing - Edit slide contents & formatting directly in the slide vs. a separate/outline view.
• Thumbnail slide sorter/view
• High fidelity PowerPoint viewing, including: charts, MS Office SmartArt, and more
• View/edit/add speaker notes
• Sort slides
• Promote/demote bullets
• Open password protected PowerPoint 97-2015 files
PDF TO GO FEATURES:
• Pinch-to-zoom to desired PDF page size/width
• Open password-protected PDFs
*PowerPoint files are view and edit only.
-OneDrive bug fix
-Various bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't always synch
Update 21st December - worked for a while with os11 but today needing to sync so up to date while away for Christmas, yet again no device is recognised. I’ve rebooted my pc and devices but nothing works. What was a smooth app is now letting the user down.
Frequently my devices are not recognised by the desktop app (iPhone 7plus, ipod touchlatest generation, iPad Pro 9.7 and ipad mini 4). If I re-boot computer that usually sorts the problem and if not then re-starting bonjour helps.
Update mid August - since the latest update to Apple's ios synchronising has been impossible regardless of any work round on the creator's web site. Seems to be the OS causing the app not to work so not Data Viz fault but this needs addressing for the app to work as designed.
I purchased the full app via the in-app purchases many years ago, just noticed in the list of in-app purchases (which do not show for me within the app) that desktop synch is now a separate add on so I do hope this doesn't mean I have to pay again to be able to use the app I have already paid for.
I can't find out if this is the case as the developer's site tells me they are away until 21 August and they do not seem to accept e-mails while they are away. I will update when I find out if it is the case that we now have to pay again to be able to use the full functions.
A problem has arisen since I gave the review below and that’s that when I save a file stored in my Dropbox, it doesn’t automatically update the file in my Dropbox account but seems to save a local file. I need to click on the Cloud button and then navigate to the folder for that to happen. A real pain!
The other real pain is that it always resets the dictionary language to US English rather than the UK English I use.
Below is my original review.
I’ve been using this app for many years and use it many times a day. I currently have an iPhone SE and HP Pavilion laptop and I use Dropbox for synchronisation. It all works brilliantly.
Undo and Redo buttons would make it even better.
Personal file Synching avoiding 3rd party cloud services
Great for syncing docs between your computer and your device without going through a third party service. Just use your own wireless network, an app on your PC and the app on your device. The PC program is a bit quirky, but once you ge used to it it’s fine.
- DataViz, Inc
- 92.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 DataViz, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Pack £16.99
- Cloud access add-on £6.99
- Desktop Sync add-on £6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.