Dojo - Best stuff to do in London
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dojo helps you find the coolest places to eat, drink and visit in London.
Everyday we find the best stuff to do in the city, focusing on independent, quirky, hidden gems that you will love... but probably don’t know about.
“Dojo is the way to enjoy London” - Boris Johnson
So, you want to know more do you?
We’re guessing you may have a few questions...
***What the flippin’ flip is Dojo then?***
Dojo is an app that helps you find the coolest stuff to do in London. It’s a super simple app that will make sure you never fail in the city.
***What stuff can I find on Dojo?***
Need to find a cool coffee shop in Shoreditch? DONE. Craving an art exhibition in Bermondsey? SORTED. Need a special bar to take your hot date? WE GOT YOU COVERED.
***I love lists. Can you list some of the things to do on Dojo?***
We love lists too. Here are just some of the things you’ll find on our app:
- London’s underground nightlife
- Pop-up events
- Hidden speakeasies and bars
- Food festivals and markets
- Exhibitions, installations and street art
- Outdoor activities, fitness classes and unique workshops
- Insider tips, trusted reviews, and beautiful pictures
- Recommendations based on the time of day and weather
***I like using Uber, Citymapper and booking tables at restaurants***
Check you out! Once Dojo is on your iPhone you can:
- Book an Uber straight from Dojo (£20 off first ride with code "dojo")
- Get directions with Citymapper, Apple Maps & Google Maps
- Book tables and tickets to all sorts of places and events
***I live on a small island just off the coast of Sicily, can I use Dojo?***
Of course you can, but we only feature things to do in London right now. Sorry.
***You look familiar. Where have I seen Dojo before?***
We are the Kim Kardashians of the App Store. Look at who’s written about us:
The Evening Standard
Tech City News
Best New Apps
Best Lifestyle Apps
***I’m not convinced...***
Ha, you’re hilarious.
***Okay, I was being sarcastic, I’ll download it right now***
What's New in Version 2.96
Here's what's up in the newest version of Dojo:
1) More ads - we've crammed hundreds of ads into this latest version as we know how much you love them. We've worked hard to ensure they pop up regularly so if you miss one, you'll definitely get another chance to see it.
2) More chains - After a lot of research we realised that we were wrong all along... pop-ups and unique independents just aren't what the people want. So we partnered with all of your favourite high-street chains to make sure you'll never have to risk trying something new again.
3) No Images - beautiful imagery is fun, but you know what's even better? Long, wordy reviews. We've spent weeks stripping out over 50,000 photos and replacing them with long, comprehensive text that you can spend hours reading!
Aww you believed us didn't you? You little sweetheart...
Here's what's actually in Dojo V2.95:
1) A cute "Live Updates" feature which will give you up-to-the-minute info about new shiz going on in your city. Go into categories to check it out.
2) We made Dojo a bit faster.
3) We removed a few bugs.
Until text time.
Seriously needs an overhaul
App is useful but it's a horrible user experience. Everything is jerky and non responsive. Nothing is smooth and 'Apple like'. What's the point of having uber powerful smart phones with such a horrible UI? Crashes quite a lot as well. Especially if you press the home button to minimise the app and go into another app. When you try and reopen Dojo, it crashes, closes down and you have to start it again! Shoddy. This is on a 6+ running iOS 9.
I just found out about this app and I already found tons of things to do, which I never manage to do with Time Out, this is so much better! The app also looks great and runs beautifully, very fast and smooth, so far I haven't found any glitches. Great stuff!
Best curated guide to London
This app is brilliant. No more messing about with tripadvisor and sifting not through thousands of listings. Just a few select top places to choose from. Everything is quality!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 04 September 2015
- Version: 2.96
- Size: 42.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: TheTriangleLab Ltd
- © 2015 TheTriangleLab
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.