By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A powerful, complete, and easy to use podcast player that will help you manage and listen to podcasts the way you want to.
Now with CarPlay support!
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.25x, 2.5x and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at email@example.com!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.9.16
• Fixes issue with table section header indentation on iOS 10
• Fixes font weight issue on episode details view on iOS 10
• Ignoring enclosure URLs when they are youtube links
Has got buggy of late...
... Downcast has become a bit buggy as of late. When I finish listening to a podcast and delete it, if there are no more podcasts to listen to, then the cell for that podcast moves to the empty section of the table. After that, when I tap a cell, the wrong podcast is shown. I also have a podcast that I get error for when trying to download new episodes (it'll stream fine) whereas other podcast apps seem to be able to download it ok. Also been experiencing intermittent crashes (which might have something to do with the bug in the podcasts table I mentioned above).
I'll have to move on to a different app due to these issues, but I've given you an in-app purchase tip before doing so, as I've had years of service from this app.
I'll be back when the bugs are fixed up.
Over the years I've tried all the podcast apps and I always come back to Downcast. There are so many reasons to recommend it, but if I had to pick one I'd say it is the way the app allows you to meticulously order the podcasts you subscribe to. I always feel a little sad the way Overcast seems to get all the plaudits because it's made by Marco Arment (please don't take this personally Marco, I love ATP!), and Downcast never seems to get a mention. Not only have I purchased the app, but I'm happy to regularly 'tip' the developer as I use Downcast every day and I very much appreciate it! Fantastic!
I live in this app
I've been using this app for many years, every day (too much even) partly because I have a dog to walk twice a day and partly because there are so many good podcasts out there. It's very good. It has gone through periods of buggyness but I put some of that down to constant iOS changes (I'm a IT Manager/Dev) but it has always stabilised. I'm against a wholesale ui change as I've seen so many rich apps ruined by this.
A dedicated area for purging old episodes would be nice but not a show stopper.
If there was a way to download old episodes off iOS that wld be good to though this may be more of an Apple restriction.
Also the navigation slider while in portrait goes right to the edges of my iPhone 6 so I can't get to the very start or end.
Love the app and keep up the good work. I know now much harder it is to build ideas than to come up with them - Jack Nunes, Jersey (C.I.)
- Category: News
- Updated: 09 August 2016
- Version: 2.9.16
- Size: 31.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2010-2016 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Encouraging Tip£2.99
- Motivating Tip£5.99
- Inspiring Tip£11.99
- Galvanizing Tip£8.99