By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your iOS device without the need to sync with iTunes.
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
For support, please search our support site at http://support.downcastapp.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
For the latest information about Downcast, please follow @downcastapp on Twitter!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.9.0
• Apple Watch support
• You can now specify the name of the new podcast to create when importing media files.
• Fixes issue where enabling iCloud would only restore a few podcasts at a time.
• Fixes issue with blank podcast title when importing media files into a new podcast.
• Fixes issue with import/opening of some podcast feed schemes.
• Fixes issue with Show/Hide played/empty podcasts button disappearing.
• Fixes issue with Downcast not showing up in "Open In..." dialog when trying to open media files from other apps.
The end of the line.....
Every time Downcast brings out an update, there are syncing problems. I subscribe to around 50 podcasts and although I listen mainly on my phone, I also play them on my iPad and Mac. But, whether it's an iOS update or OS X update, I have to reset all 3 devices which is a real ball acher. And, this time, resetting the devices hasn't solved the syncing problem. Podcasts I haven't yet listened to have vanished, podcasts I have listened to are now marked as unplayed. Sorry Downcast our affair is over. When you were good you were very very good but there were just too many bad times. Time for me to find another Podcast app :(
Brilliant and well thought out implementation of watch app. Great update to an already great app!
- Category: News
- Updated: 25 August 2015
- Version: 2.9.0
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Developer: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2010-2015 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.