By Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your iOS device without the need to sync with iTunes.
"Downcast: Probably The Best Podcast Downloader for iPad and iPhone" - Wired Gadget Lab
• Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
• Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
• Download podcasts automatically
• Continue podcast downloads in the background*
• Browse and download older podcast episodes
• Auto-refresh podcast feeds
• Settings for auto-download and episode retention
• Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
• Import supported audio/video media files
• Support for password-protected podcasts
• Create and edit "smart" playlists
• View podcast details and episode show notes
• Rename podcast titles
iCloud Syncing with other iOS devices or Macs**
• Podcast subscriptions
• Episode information
• Video and audio AirPlay support
• .5x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x, and 3x speed playback
• Chapters support for enhanced podcasts
• Stream episodes without downloading
• Playback control from external devices
• Bluetooth devices
• Headphone remote controls
• Devices connected via Lightning/dock connector
• View embedded images in podcast episodes
• Gesture support
• Sleep timer
• Google Cast™ Ready
If you encounter a bug or have a feature request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Twitter @DowncastApp. Thanks!
* Per iOS restrictions
** iCloud syncing with Macs requires Downcast for Mac, which is a separate purchase from the Mac App Store
What's New in Version 2.8.28
• Fixes issue with parsing some feeds containing invalid characters
• Fixes issues with sorting by time remaining
• Fixes issues with crash reporting for startup related crashes
• Fixes crash related to ID3 chapter extraction
Wish I found this sooner
This is a great little app that's easy to use and reliable. For me the clincher is being able to import audiobooks from the music app and play them at up to 3x speed. The only other app I've used that lets you playback audiobooks at this speed is the audible one, which I also love. However, audible don't always stock complete series. Now I can just order whatever I want from my local library and merrily listen through Downcast. Best of all, there's no additional cost!
The best option
I have tried many different pod catchers and they all have some nice individual ideas to offer you but this one is the complete package.
If you like everything just right the way I do then the settings help you to set up all the options really smoothly, not complicated at all.
The key points for me are stability and the fact that I can play my members only feeds which are password protected. Plus it has the best search facility, way better than any similar apps.
Everything Apple should have done
This is by far the best podcast player and management app and blows the bits off the apple dedicated app. They continue to offer top support and develop em to this app and it just works. By far the greatest app long term on my phone.
- Category: News
- Updated: 05 March 2015
- Version: 2.8.28
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
- © 2010-2015 Jamawkinaw Enterprises LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.