Downloads — Downloader & Download Manager
By Hian Zin Jong
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Downloads is a fully featured download manager that allows you to download files to your iPhone or iPod touch, you can then view/play the downloaded files right on your iPhone or iPod touch, or transfer them to your computer.
√ Full portrait & landscape mode support
√ Passcode lock
√ Web browser
- Provides a user experience very similar to Mobile Safari
- Tabbed browsing
- Tap and hold on an image to download it
- Tap and hold to force download
- Save web pages with images for offline viewing
- Full screen mode
- Bookmark manager
- History support
- Address bar auto-completion
- HTTP basic authentication
- Form-based authentication
- Integrated Google or Yahoo! search
- Ability to spoof browser's User-Agent string to display web pages like Firefox
- Unified smart search field. Type a URL or search term in the unified smart search field, the browser automatically suggests the closest match to what you’re looking for.
√ Download manager
- Fast downloading speed
- Supports resuming of interrupted downloads reliably
- Live download progress bar and speed indicator
- Active downloads badge number
- Add arbitrary download link
- Always download with correct filename
√ File manager
- Full screen document viewer that supports .pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt, .txt, .html and .rtf file formats
- Folders support
- Move, rename and delete files
- Search by file name
- Extract RAR archives
- Unzip ZIP files
- Remember document scroll position
- Attempt to open file of unrecognized format
- Import photos from camera roll
√ Dropbox integration
- Upload, download and manage files
- Sync what you want, keep files on your device
√ Advanced PDF viewer
- Huge PDF files work flawlessly
- Text search
- Tap PDF links to jump across the file
√ Photo viewer
- Tap or swipe to move between images in a folder
- Zoom in and out with pinch gesture
- Ability to save images to photo album
- Thumbnails view
√ File sharing
- Supports HTTP and FTP protocols
- Supports iTunes USB File Sharing
- Transfer files to and from computer in Wi-Fi network
- Send files as email attachments (size under 15MB)
√ Mobile Safari Integration
- Bookmarklet for Mobile Safari that lets you open any link in Downloads
- Background downloading
√ Inter-app document interchange
- Other apps can save their files to Downloads app (e.g. Email app can save attachments to Downloads app)
√ Recovery Mode
- If the browser caught in an endless loop of pop-up alerts, go to the iOS built-in "Settings" app, find "Downloads", turn on "Recovery Mode", then force-quit and relaunch the app.
What's New in Version 5.3.1
- Bug fixes.
A great app that allows you download music very easily from online. Very useful. Highly recommended
Files disappearing after download!
So here's my story:
I download multiple songs etc.
I exit the app.
An hour later: I launch the app to listen to my songs.
There are NO FILES.😤
-BUT when I launch my Settings app, and check the memory usage on the Downloads App itself, it clearly tells me that there's a lot more memory being used than last time, from when I had to re-download all of my songs to the app.
If it's not fixed, I want a refund. 😠
No point in paying all that money for an app that's clearly just ripping you off.
iPhone 4S iOS 8.4
Best app Eva
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 13 July 2015
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 23.5 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Developer: Hian Zin Jong
- © 2015 Hian Zin Jong
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.