By Nuance Communications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition application powered by Dragon® NaturallySpeaking® that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. In fact, it’s up to five (5) times faster than typing on the keyboard.
With Dragon Dictation you can also update your Facebook status, send notes and reminders to yourself, or Tweet to the world….all using your voice. So when you’re on-the-go, stop typing and start speaking – from short text messages to longer email messages, and anything in between. For best result, speak calmly and clearly.
Dragon Dictation supports a multitude of global languages. For a full list of currently supported languages visit www.dragonmobileapps.co.uk/.
• Voice-to-text transcriptions that may be sent as SMS, Email, or pasted into any application using the clipboard
• Submit update to Twitter & Facebook
• Convenient editing feature that provides list of suggested alternatives
• Voice driven correction interface
1. Dragon Dictation requires network connectivity (WiFi or 3G/EDGE).
2. Dragon Dictation works on iPad, iPhone, and on second and third generation iPod Touch (external microphone required).
In order to improve recognition accuracy, Dragon Dictation will only upload names from your address book when permission is provided... no emails, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal information are uploaded. This information is not used for any purpose other than improving the usability of the application. Dragon Dictation will also utilize the data in spoken messages collected over time to continuously improve and provide high speech recognition accuracy. All data is stored in secure data centers according to stringent privacy and security standards. For more information, please view our end user license agreement http://www.dragonmobileapps.co.uk/EULA-dict.html
Now supporting Catalan!
What's New in Version 2.0.28
Great app but needs save doc feature
Pretty accurate but such a shame you can't dictate directly into a doc. This company has the best dictating software & it would be good to see them lead the way with iOS dictating apps even if it was paid for. A save doc feature , in app , or import doc feature would be great as many dragon users don't carry the PC/mac laptop anymore, with the ipad. It would be great on the move. & /Or the ability to save dictation which could be uploaded to the PC/mac version later could be useful.
A++ dictation app
Really good app. So simple to use. Adds punctuation and capitals and gives you the option to change words which are not correct. Very accurate even with different accents. Would like to see a feature where there us an option to put straight into a document but it's ok putting into an email and sending it to myself
Whilst the app translates voice to text extremely well it falls down in not being able to save the finished product. It can be copied and paste but other than that there is no file created on the iPhone. It does appear this file is created on the iPad however.
Additionally, if you inadvertently press the "belly button" on the iPhone to move to another app for example when you go back to carry on the dictation has gone.
- Category: Business
- Updated: 15 February 2013
- Version: 2.0.28
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Nuance Communications
- © 2014 Nuance Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.