By Nuance Communications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition application powered by Dragon® NaturallySpeaking® that allows you to easily speak and instantly see your text or email messages. In fact, it’s up to five (5) times faster than typing on the keyboard.
With Dragon Dictation you can also update your Facebook status, send notes and reminders to yourself, or Tweet to the world….all using your voice. So when you’re on-the-go, stop typing and start speaking – from short text messages to longer email messages, and anything in between. For best result, speak calmly and clearly.
Dragon Dictation supports a multitude of global languages. For a full list of currently supported languages visit www.dragonmobileapps.co.uk/.
• Voice-to-text transcriptions that may be sent as SMS, Email, or pasted into any application using the clipboard
• Submit update to Twitter & Facebook
• Convenient editing feature that provides list of suggested alternatives
• Voice driven correction interface
1. Dragon Dictation requires network connectivity (WiFi or 3G/EDGE).
2. Dragon Dictation works on iPad, iPhone, and on second and third generation iPod Touch (external microphone required).
In order to improve recognition accuracy, Dragon Dictation will only upload names from your address book when permission is provided... no emails, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal information are uploaded. This information is not used for any purpose other than improving the usability of the application. Dragon Dictation will also utilize the data in spoken messages collected over time to continuously improve and provide high speech recognition accuracy. All data is stored in secure data centers according to stringent privacy and security standards. For more information, please view our end user license agreement http://www.dragonmobileapps.co.uk/EULA-dict.html
Now supporting Catalan!
What's New in Version 2.0.28
After five minutes
Hello there! I'm dictating all of this review using software.
I have been using Dragon dictation software for about five minutes then I've never had any success of such software before.
As you can see it seems to be going well so far.
I've got the hang of things like (putting things in brackets), colon punctuation:/hashtag & et cetera.
As you can see from above sometimes things don't work out quite as you'd expect so it's easy to try again. Let's try something else; that seems to work okay!
Now let's try; how does that look?
A terrific app
I broke an arm and couldn't easily type. I needed a dictation app and Dragon got recommended. It is great, simple and recognises most words I say. I had used speech to text before and was expecting way less. It also beats competitors. It has changed my habits enough that I will carry on dictating even when I recover. I would happily pay for a pro version.
This works very well. Faster than typing for me!
However the Twitter registration doesn’t work—it looks like they have updated the process at the Twitter end and it requires a confirmation number.
Another reviewer says the app gives American spellings, but not for me. I suggest they check their iPhone settings!
- Category: Business
- Updated: 15 February 2013
- Version: 2.0.28
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Nuance Communications
- © 2011 Nuance Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.